Is """"conspiracy"""""" to commit arm robbery consider as violent crime ?????

Knightdale, NC |

I didn't have anything to do with it, I just, if you want to say, know about it.... I did all my time and completed three years of probation and paid $5000 in fees

I do not understand your post -- can you clarify?

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

Is conspiracy to commit arm robbery consider as a violent crime. I don't have any prior convictions, and I was asking because I was looking for a job.

The answer is probably yes, but it depends on the context. Many times, you can face increased punishments for crimes if you have been convicted of a "violent" crime or a "crime of violence" in the past. In these types of situations, it depends on how the relevant statute defines a "crime of violence." Armed robbery would certainly be considered a crime of violence. Conspiracy to commit armed robbery is typically considered a crime of violence, but again, it would depend on the specific context, and I would need more background on why you're asking the question.

If you're just asking as a general (non-legal) proposition if conspiracy to commit armed robbery is a violent crime, then that's up for some debate. Most people would probably say yes, but if the robbery was never actually carried out and no one was robbed or threatened, then some people may not view that as a crime of violence.

Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. You should seek a full consultation with a licensed attorney before relying on any advice offered through this website.

I was asking because I was looking for a job. The crime was actually carried out, I don't know exactly what happen because I didn't take it to trial.

This is my first charge

Daniel Micah Blau

Daniel Micah Blau

If it's for a job, then it really depends on how the job defines what is a "violent" crime. They probably don't have any real explanation for what they mean, so I think you need to disclose it. Most people would consider this a crime of violence. Good luck.

The only question is whether or not conspiracy to commit a robbery is a violent crime. I suggest that you review applicable NC statutes / codes about the charge. However, robbery is the taking of property by force. So, I would expect conspiracy to be a crime of violence.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

You are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt. Ask for the public defender next court date, or retain an experienced local criminal procedure litigation attorney to help resolve the matter.
Go to Trial: Crash the Justice System http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/11/opinion/sunday/go-to-trial-crash-the-justice-system.html?_r=0
Not contemplated by the Framers! The Devil’s Bargain: "95 percent are resolved by plea bargains." http://shar.es/xdVIY #cjreform

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.

Your question highlights an interesting aspect of the way the law operates. How we use a term in common usage may be different that how it is used in a legal environment. The laws that govern if armed robbery and conspiracy to commit an armed robbery have definitional sections that assist the lawyer in determining the application in a particular circumstance. This concept must also be qualified by how caselaw has interpreted the definitional statute.
This is why, although your question and similar questions are important and seems simple it is not.

Of course, every answer is based on the question asked and requires a complete context. This answer should NOT be relied upon to make any legal decisions. Seek the advice of an experienced criminal defense attorney in YOUR JURISDICTION -BEFORE you do or say anything. Law Offices of Raymond G. Wigell, Ltd. Admitted in Illinois and Federal District Courts in Illinois(Northern, Central and Southern Districts) and Indiana(Northern District), Defenders of the Constitution since 1975; Aggressive Creative Defense Strategies. Website: www.waaltd.com Email: rwigell@waaltd.com Available - 24/7 Office (708)481-4800 Cell. (708)218-0923