Irs and french Self employement ("auto-entreprise")

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

Hi, i'm a French resident (NRA), and i'm selling tracks via Baseware (beatport). I've already sent them my W-8ben, and obtain my EIN with the SS4 form. But, today i've received a mail from the IRS who asks me to fill the 1120-F but i'm not a company (I'm self-employed/ "auto-entreprise"), i've never travelled to the U.S and i've not sell enough to receive money from Baseware (Beatport). I have no employees and don't expect to.

What's the good form i must fill (1040NR isnt'it ?) and how i must fill it ? Did the IRS made a mistake while recording my SS4? Do I have to correct something?

Best from France

Julien Brument

1. Evan A Nielsen

1

1

Answered . Sounds like something's wrong with the SS-4 information but it's not clear what form you should use because the details of the SS-4 would determine this. You can call the IRS to discuss the issue and may be able to sort thorough the confusion that way. If that doesn't work then you'll probably want to hire counsel to assist. This should not be an expensive issue but it is complex and knowing the details of entities and taxation will likely allow counsel to resolve it much more quickly that you'll be able to yourself.

Best Regards,

2. Luca Cristiano Maria Melchionna

1

1

Answered . There are few things that need to be clarified as to the source of income. There may also be a mistake as Mr. Nielsen suggested. International taxation is a complex field and I would strongly recommend to talk to an attorney to clarify the issue. Best.