Involved in auto accident while both parties using the same insurance company

Asked about 5 years ago - Chicago, IL

I recently involved in an auto accident while both parties using the SAME insurance company. Although it is not my fault, the insurance company blamed on me. One reason I think the insurance company can save money cause I only buy a liability insurance while his car is under comprehensive insurance. Another reason is the police showed up on that day recorded not correctly cause he lied on that day so that the accident report describes some untrue stuffs.

The accident can be described that both parties are at middle lane of a three lane high way in a manner of mine in front and his at rear. Both turned to left lane at same time and other party turn to left shoulder to pass mine and hit on my car. But he told police he was moving at left lane and I moved out suddently.

My question is what to do since I disagree with the police report and insurance company's conclusion?

1. Erik Glen Swanson

Answered . Do you have a question? It's not unusual to have the same insurance company represent both drivers in a car accident. If you have an issue with the insurance company, you should speak with an insurance attorney regarding your situation.

Disclaimer: This answer is provided as a public service and as a general response to a general question, it is not meant, and should not be relied upon as specific legal advice, nor does it create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Donald Solomon Nathan

Answered . As soon as you can get an attorney experienced in insurance law to represent you preferably on a contingent fee basis. If you describe the crash differently from the police report, you are going to have a hard time getting a claims person to adjust your case without a lawsuit withjout attorney involvment.

When you hire that lawyer, make sure you have him understand what happened in the crash using a bunch of Tinker Toy cars. It's easier to show him than to try to describe it with words. I have a hard time understanding you even after rereading what took place. I'd love to see how this crash took place before I tried to represent you.

Good luck!

Donald Nathan
    www.donaldnathanlaw.com