Involved in an accident driving a customers car while covered by my employers insurance. I was not at fault but...

Asked over 1 year ago - Anaheim, CA

The other drivers insurance company determined I was at fault. No injury to either driver and I will not have to pay anything as I was covered by my employers insurance company. How do I protect my driving record if the other drivers insurance company will not change theire liability decision? The police report concludes that the other driver impacted me from failing to turn BUT the police could not determine which lane either of us were in because we both stated we were in the same lane.

1. Richard Andrew Harting

Pro

4

Best Answer

Answered . No worries. the insurance companies have no say in the DMV process. Your driving record will reflect that you were involved in an accident. There will be no reference to fault.

Pro

4

Answered . Insurance companies determining fault is ridiculous. An insurance company assessment of fault has no bearing on your record, as it is meaningless.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. Paul J Molinaro

Pro

2

Answered . When insurance companies decide who is at fault, it is usually the driver who will end up costing them the least amount of money - funny how that works. What is not funny is that people pay car insurance premiums to be compensated when they get hurt. When they deserve compensation and don't get anything but the run around and lies and no money, there's nothing funny about it.

Fortunately, the law does not simply take the self-serving findings of an insurance company as the final say. That is what courts and judges and juries are for. A good personal injury will know exactly what evidence to bring to the case to show who is really at fault and what is really fair compensation.

Fortunately, many of us offer free consultations, and if we want to take on the case - and the potential clients agrees - we work on a contingent basis (no fee unless we get money from the defendants). Thus, there is nothing to fear in calling us.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
    980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
    Corona, CA 92879
    (951)520-9684
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
    ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

4. George Costas Andriotis

3

Answered . If you didn't receive a ticket than you're in good shape. You should contact your insurance carrier and give them a statement of how the accident happened. The other insurance company is denying liability because they don't want to be liable for the loss and is likely being fed false statements from their insured.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  5. Timothy James Ryan

1

Answered . Insurance companies are funny and adjusters sometimes think they are liability experts; their determination will have no bearing on your driving record. You’re in good shape.