Involved in accident didnt have insurance wasnt at fault 18 wheeler was

Tacoma, WA |

neck and back for myself and my passenger were hurting went to hospital, is there pain and suffering as well as the car was wrecked and medical bills

You should contact a personal injury attorney about this ASAP. The fact that you didn't have insurance (while not smart) will not change your rights to bring a claim against the trucking company. Good luck.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. DISCLAIMER: This information is for general information purposes only. Nothing stated above should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. Scott W. Edwards Attorney at Law Schauermann Thayer Jacobs & Staples 1700 E. Fourth Plain Blvd. Vancouver, WA 98661 PHONE: (360) 695-4244 FAX: (360) 696-0583 E-MAIL:

The determination of fault, not insurance is what determines responsibility. That you did not have insurance makes it more difficult for you because you do not have personal injury protection (PIP) to cover your medical bills immediately and pay for your car loss. Hopefully you do have medical insurance that will cover the medical bills.

Gather as much information and document as much as possible to assist with your case. Take photographs of your car. Take photographs (outside without flash) of any injuries you have.

Nonetheless, you should consult and hire a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Trucking companies can be very aggressive and will do what they can to cut off your claim. You need an attorney to deal with them, so you can focus on getting well.

If the truck driver was at fault, the fact that you did not have insurance does not matter. You and your passenger should contact a qualified personal injury attoreny as soon as possible.

I have a lot of questions. Call me on my cell phone at 253-592-2812.

I’m available all weekend except for 1:00p to about 3:00p tomorrow. Call me for a free consult, which can be over the phone, or at my office. If you’d like, I can come to your house to meet with you.

Recommended articles about Personal injury