Involved in a hit and run, no other vehicles just property damage to someones fence. I was in a daze and left the scene.

Asked over 2 years ago - Las Vegas, NV

I fled the scene. My truck was towed away. I already filed a claim with my insurance to pay for the fence. I have an expired license and am supposed to have an SR22 but never went to get my license again after my previous suspension was lifted in 12/11. My previous drivers license suspension was for evading police. I don't have any other tickets or accidents. What am I facing?

I realize the law states maximum penalty is up to 6 months in jail, $1000 fine..Would it benefit me if i turned myself in?

1. 4

1

Answered . You posted this set of facts earlier today. You have added some details (the fleeing the scene fact). Should you turn yourself in? Well, before you do, try to sit down with a criminal defense attorney as there may be a warrant for your arrest and that attorney may be able to set up a bond and release situation -- meaning no jail time before an advisement.

I am curious about the insurance issue -- if you have no history, why the need for the SR22?

Good luck to you. My guess is you'll need at least a little bit of it!

2. 2

Answered . Speek to a lawyer right away. stop posting

3. 3

Answered . Its already been said, but I'll say it again: talk to a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. You don't know exactly what, if anything you're facing, and an attorney in your area will be in the best position to advice you after hearing all the facts. Good luck!

4. 2

1

Answered . Talk to a local Criminal Defense Attorney ASAP. Most will offer a free consultation.
    Your money and liberty may be at stake here. Moreover, if criminal charges are brought forward it may impact your life in the long run in as much as what jobs you may or may not be able to hold, or even apply for. Do not take this lightly.

Best of Luck