Involved in a car accident about 8 months ago, the car pulled out in front of me attempting to turn left. How much can i expect

Renton, WA |

The driver was cited for failing to yield, the insurance company has already accepted fault. I was already paid for my totaled vehicle by the other parties insurance, very fair offer and the research i did backed that up, and thier insurance took care of rentals. I have been to a chiropractor (90 visits) and Physical therapy for tear in arm (15-20 visits) multiple MRI's showing tear and bulging/rupture C6-C7. been on pain regiment and sleeping pills whole time pain is still hard to deal with everyday and cant go back to the same line of work. seen orthepedic surgeon and neurosurgeon. determination is surgery to exceed $40,000 medical bills already at $15,000. no prior conditions. What can i expect from this settlement or possible lawsuit?

Just because an insurance company accepts liability as to property damage, it does not follow that they will accept your bodily injured claim. With your injuries, you need an attorney. Clearly you will have on-going issues for another while for you are not medically fixed and stable. There also needs to be showing that you have significant wage claim/loss of earning capacity to convince a jury and thus an insurance adjuster. You will be surprised on the arguments that I get from insurance company with facts similar to yours that there must have been some pre-existing condition or that it was person's work that is really to blame for the person's current condition. The Insurance company which was so reasonable as to your car, will work hard to diminish your injury claim. Consult and hire a personal injury attorney who will deal with the party that hit you insurance company as well as your own medical coverage which will seeking reimbursement from any settlement that may be obtained. You need to focus on getting well and not about an insurance adjuster may do.

Michael Ryan Juarez

Michael Ryan Juarez

I could not agree more.

I have no medical coverage and all the doctors involved are holding the bills. I already havean attorney who told me in the very beginning that the other parties insuranveacceped 100% liabilty but I feel like my attorney s are brushing me off nobody ever calls me from those office and when I call get the run around. Is it easy to fire a lawyer and obtain new counsel.

Crystal Grace Rutherford

Crystal Grace Rutherford

Yes, you can fire your lawyer if you are really un happy. He will need to paid any costs out of pocket that he may have to date which hopefully will not be much. Look at your fee agreement and see what it says about switching lawyers. Going forward it is important that you have an attorney that you trust because if the case does not settle and end up in litigation, you need that lawyer to navigate you through those stormy waters. Call me if you have any questions at 206-715-9137

that is my main issue right now i'm very unhappy and im not getting any answers and i am in a bad position with pain and not being able to work, i will take a look at my fee agreement asap. but i also have another question. what if like i stated the other insurance has already corresponded with my attorneys office as to fault, which they have accepted, keep in mind i took care of the property damage myself, having that piece of information how much will they or can they dispute fault when they have already accepted.

there have been no offers from the insurance companythat i am aware of, and it looks as though fees up to this point are based off of the ability of the lawyer to obtain an offer. with some small acceptions.

Crystal Grace Rutherford

Crystal Grace Rutherford

It is actually more complicated than that. Just because they accepted liability for purposes of the car damage, does not necessarily mean that the insurance company will keep to the position throughout the case. I like most lawyers, usually have my client handle the property damage themselves because 1) no one knows their car like they do 2) they need every red cent to either repair or buy a new car and 3) Having me involved usually does not add much value to what is ultimately obtained so it would diminish what my clients would get for their car. Nonetheless you need to focus on getting well and it seems like the stress with your lawyer is getting in the way of that process. Have you even been able to talk to him about your concerns at all?

no, like i said i get the run around i get pushed to paralegals within the office or told someone will contact me. they are supposed to give me courtesy calls once a month but that has never been the case, i guess i will give a little bit more time, and focus on healing but it's hard to heal when your not healing and the doctors believe i wont until i get some type of surgical intervention, i have done everything i can like i said i have no medical and i don't want to take pain killers the rest of my life.

Crystal Grace Rutherford

Crystal Grace Rutherford

That is awful. It is impossible to find a surgeon or hospital that will wait until settlement. I have had clients buy the state's health insurance which can help them get necessary treatment which is better than permanently taking pain killers. If you still want to switch attorneys, you can give me a call.

ok thank you for your help, i will give a little more thought and time, thanks again for talking with me. have a good day.

Without a lot more info, It's impossible to tell you what your claim is worth. I can, however, tell you that it's worth significantly more with a skilled personal injury attorney on your side.

I'm in court in Kent and Renton most days. Feel free to call my office to arrange a visit at your home. Of course, the consultation is free, and I can provide a lot more info about what you should be doing to prepare your claim for the best settlement possible. Best of luck, Jim

You should hire a local personal injury attorney to represent you, as this is the only way to maximize your potential recovery. There are many factors that are to be considered in resolving a case, such as whether you actually undergo surgery, what type of recovery you have after surgery, etc. An attorney may also want to hire an expert witness (vocational expert) on your behalf if there is a significant lost wage claim that needs to be documented. Thank you for asking.

These comments are provided as a public service and are not intended to constitute legal advice. No attorney-client relationship has been created.

I agree with the comments made by others. Determining what constitutes "fair" or even "reasonable" compensation for your injuries is not possible based on the information provided. It is clear that you have suffered serious injuries and you would be well advised to retain counsel. Keep in mind the insurance company adjusters negotiate cases everyday and they are motivated to pay you as little as possible. Without representation by an experienced personal injury attorney you are likely to get taken advantage of. Best of luck to you.

Posts on this forum are intended for educational and information purposes only and do not create an attorney client relationship. The answers posted should not be treated as legal advice. The posts are intended to be accurate but are based on incomplete information and may be truncated for expediency or to avoid disclosing confidential advice on a public forum. They are not a substitute for speaking directly with an attorney in your area. Mr. Thayer is licensed in Washington state only and laws in your jurisdiction may vary.

No Avvo lawyer can put a number on a case from reading a posting. You will need to retain a personal injury lawyer. The secret is to find a top-rated lawyer from Avvo with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so you are left with the lion's share of the monety, not your lawyer. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Don't believe that because liability on the property damage was accepted it will also be accepted on the bodily injury part of your claim. You will need help on this case, and you should be prepared for the long haul. The defense will likely assert that you were at least comparatively at fault, which will be used as a damage-reducing factor. You have a lot of chiropractic. I would expect to face the argument that you have over-treated. With respect to your vertebral injuries, the defense will hire a doctor of its own to address the issue of whether you actually need a surgery, or whether rest and therapy will heal you. Lost income is always a difficult issue as well. You should hire a competent attorney to help you through this. In the end you will likely be far better off. Good luck.

I agree with Attorney Lassen. You do need a personal injury attorney. I suggest you make an appointment with one in your areas as soon as possible.
Good Luck
Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com
www. KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com
I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com www. KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference