Involved in a car accdient. I was hit from the back by two other cars. I had 2 other passangers in the car with me.

Asked 4 months ago - 94509

At complete stop when I felt a hard bang 2 or 3 from the behind. Both parties provided ins info.

1. Steven Mark Sweat

Pro

16

Answered . If you or any of your passengers were injured, seek prompt medical attention and retain an attorney to represent you. If you heard multiple impacts, there may be liability on more than one party. Report this to your insurance carrier if you haven't already.

2. Ajay Mohan Kwatra

Pro

13

Answered . Your (I assume) personal injury case is worth 1-3 free consultations with local personal injury attorneys. Pick your favorite one. Do not do nothing if you are injured. Mitigate your damages. Journal your timeline. Take pictures. Good luck!

3. Jim O'Brien Whitworth

Pro

12

Answered . Hope everyone is OK! If anyone was injured than they should insure they seek medical attention. The attorneys on AVVO would certainly provide a free consultation if needed.

4. John Noah Kitta

11

Answered . The value of you and your passenger’s personal injury case is directly related to the medical injuries sustained, disabilities, pain and suffering, lost wages and damage to your vehicle. You will have two years to file a claim for personal injury with the court from the date of the accident. In America, 97.5% cases settle prior to trial. If you have competent counsel, there is very high likelihood your case will be settled. Liability is determined by available evidence. For purposes of settlement the police report will carry a lot of weight. The only way you will get a fair settlement out of your bodily injury claim is to retain competent experienced legal counsel. Otherwise, you’d be lucky if the insurance company will pay your medical bills. You shouldn’t speak with the representatives from the insurance companies because they are highly trained and what they are trying to do is minimize or not pay on claims. This is how they obtain their bonuses, raises and promotions.

I hope this is helpful.

John N. Kitta
    Fremont

5. Malosack Berjis

10

Answered . Unfortunately, your post lacks a question for the forum to address.

6. Richard M. Sands Jr.

Pro

11

Answered . You didn't really ask a question. However, if you were stopped in traffic and got struck from behind, then you have no fault of the accident. There may be some issue between the insurance carriers for the vehicles behind you regarding their relative fault, but rest assured you don't have any. For example, the middle car may argue that they were stopped and got pushed into you, whereas the car in the back may try to say that the middle car hit you first before they struck the middle car. In any event, you can your passengers will be entitled to compensation. To avoid getting stuck in the middle of the potential finger pointing between these insurance companies, you should consult with an attorney sooner rather than later.

7. Paul J Molinaro

Pro

8

Answered . Motor vehicle accident? If yes, injured? If yes, see a physician immediately... and then, after getting medical care, take advantage of the free personal one on one consultations offered by personal injury attorneys.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician

8. Michael F. Hupy

Pro

9

Answered . I'm not sure what your question is based on the information that you provide. It is, however, good that you got insurance information at the scene of the accident. If you have been hurt then it is also important to get medical attention as soon as possible and to contact a local personal injury lawyer for help. If you have additional questions, please post again. I wish you the best of luck with your recovery.

9. Charles P. Ward

Pro

9

Answered . If you were hurt you should contact a personal injury attorney in your area. Time limitations apply so you should consult with an attorney sooner than later. You should not give any statements to the insurance company for the other driver.

*This information should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.

Pro

9

Answered . If you sustained injuries, retain a personal injury lawyer, otherwise, simply turn it over to your insurance company to resolve.

11. Michael Shemtoub

7

Answered . You should definitely hire a lawyer to help you out. We can help you get medical attention without any upfront payment. Best of luck to you.

12. Richard Andrew Harting

Pro

5

Answered . Im not sure of the question, but all three of you have vaild liability claims against the two rear cars. If you were injured seek medical attention and contact an attorney,

13. Robert B. Reeves

5

Answered . I hope you and your passengers are feeling OK. As is the case with any car accident case its essential that you seek medical treatment immediately. Your health is your number one concern and sometimes injuries go undiagnosed until after your case is settled or you take an insurance settlement. I always suggest my clients seek medical attention immediately and then speak to an experienced attorney about the case.

14. Robert Andrew Michael Burns

2

Answered . It appears that you and your passengers are totally in the clear except for the losses, claims, and any litigation. I would share this information with your insurance carrier and, if injured, consult with a local, experienced personal injury attorney. You posted no question.