Skip to main content

Involved in a car accdient. I was hit from the back by two other cars. I had 2 other passangers in the car with me.

94509 |

At complete stop when I felt a hard bang 2 or 3 from the behind. Both parties provided ins info.

Attorney Answers 14

  1. Hope everyone is OK! If anyone was injured than they should insure they seek medical attention. The attorneys on AVVO would certainly provide a free consultation if needed.

  2. You didn't really ask a question. However, if you were stopped in traffic and got struck from behind, then you have no fault of the accident. There may be some issue between the insurance carriers for the vehicles behind you regarding their relative fault, but rest assured you don't have any. For example, the middle car may argue that they were stopped and got pushed into you, whereas the car in the back may try to say that the middle car hit you first before they struck the middle car. In any event, you can your passengers will be entitled to compensation. To avoid getting stuck in the middle of the potential finger pointing between these insurance companies, you should consult with an attorney sooner rather than later.

  3. Unfortunately, your post lacks a question for the forum to address.

    Ms. Berjis is licensed to practice law in the State of California. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship.

  4. If you or any of your passengers were injured, seek prompt medical attention and retain an attorney to represent you. If you heard multiple impacts, there may be liability on more than one party. Report this to your insurance carrier if you haven't already.

    Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery. Any testimonials or endorsements should not be construed as a guarantee, warranty or prediction of the outcome of your case.

  5. I'm not sure what your question is based on the information that you provide. It is, however, good that you got insurance information at the scene of the accident. If you have been hurt then it is also important to get medical attention as soon as possible and to contact a local personal injury lawyer for help. If you have additional questions, please post again. I wish you the best of luck with your recovery.

  6. If you were hurt you should contact a personal injury attorney in your area. Time limitations apply so you should consult with an attorney sooner than later. You should not give any statements to the insurance company for the other driver.

    *This information should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.

  7. Your (I assume) personal injury case is worth 1-3 free consultations with local personal injury attorneys. Pick your favorite one. Do not do nothing if you are injured. Mitigate your damages. Journal your timeline. Take pictures. Good luck!

  8. The value of you and your passenger’s personal injury case is directly related to the medical injuries sustained, disabilities, pain and suffering, lost wages and damage to your vehicle. You will have two years to file a claim for personal injury with the court from the date of the accident. In America, 97.5% cases settle prior to trial. If you have competent counsel, there is very high likelihood your case will be settled. Liability is determined by available evidence. For purposes of settlement the police report will carry a lot of weight. The only way you will get a fair settlement out of your bodily injury claim is to retain competent experienced legal counsel. Otherwise, you’d be lucky if the insurance company will pay your medical bills. You shouldn’t speak with the representatives from the insurance companies because they are highly trained and what they are trying to do is minimize or not pay on claims. This is how they obtain their bonuses, raises and promotions.

    I hope this is helpful.

    John N. Kitta

    If you have found this information helpful, please let the attorney know by marking best answer. Thank you. This participating Attorney does not warrant any information provided, nor are we creating an Attorney-Client relationship by providing said information to you on this site. Nothing contained herein is intended to constitute, offer, induce, promise, or contract of any kind. The content provided is presented as a courtesy to be used only for informational purposes and is not represented to be error free. The Law Offices of John N. Kitta makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to its answer to inquiries, and such representations and warranties are being expressly disclaimed. Given limited facts, we are attempting to share relevant information concerning this area of the law as a public service.

  9. Motor vehicle accident? If yes, injured? If yes, see a physician immediately... and then, after getting medical care, take advantage of the free personal one on one consultations offered by personal injury attorneys.

    - Paul

    Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician

    * This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy. ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of defective drug and medical device litigation (Actos, Accutane, Actonel, Antidepressants, Avandia, Bextra, Byetta, DePuy Hip Implant, Digitek, Ephedra, Fosamax, Gadolinium, GranuFlo, Guidant Implantable Defibrillators, Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), Ketek, Kugel Mesh Patch, Lipitor, Mesothelioma, Nuvaring, Ortho Evra, Paxil, Pradaxa, Prempro, Prisma Dialysis Recall, Reglan, ReNu with MoistureLoc, Smith and Nephew Hip Replacement, Stryker Hip Replacement, Tequin, Topamax, Transvaginal Mesh, Trasylol, Vioxx, Yaz, Zelnorm, Zimmer Durom, Zyprexa, and More), medical malpractice, personal injury, and real estate law and does so anywhere in the State of California. *** If you enjoy my posts, enjoyed a consultation with me, or are a happy satisfied client, please give me an Avvo recommendation/review.

  10. You should definitely hire a lawyer to help you out. We can help you get medical attention without any upfront payment. Best of luck to you.

    I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

  11. If you sustained injuries, retain a personal injury lawyer, otherwise, simply turn it over to your insurance company to resolve.

  12. Im not sure of the question, but all three of you have vaild liability claims against the two rear cars. If you were injured seek medical attention and contact an attorney,

  13. I hope you and your passengers are feeling OK. As is the case with any car accident case its essential that you seek medical treatment immediately. Your health is your number one concern and sometimes injuries go undiagnosed until after your case is settled or you take an insurance settlement. I always suggest my clients seek medical attention immediately and then speak to an experienced attorney about the case.

  14. It appears that you and your passengers are totally in the clear except for the losses, claims, and any litigation. I would share this information with your insurance carrier and, if injured, consult with a local, experienced personal injury attorney. You posted no question.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics