Invasion of Privacy- Misappropriation, Intrusion upon seclusion, Public disclosure upon private facts, False light. LIABILITY

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

I want to pursuit an investigation of the exposure of someone's personal life to the public. If someone has been made "famous" or "infamous" without their knowledge for example say through a private or public funded study. What would be the best way for them to learn about this? What would be the best way to put an authoritative person (i.e., police officer, judge, attorney etc...) on the record or under oath to verify if this persons Name, Face, Voice, Background, etc....(misappropriation, intrusion upon seclusion, public disclosure upon private facts, false light) has been seen by them or anyone they know. If the public seems shy or uninterested in explaining to this person that his privacy has been invaded, how can he/she get someone to speak that will be held liable.

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . If you are the person who was 'exposed' you MAY be able to take action, depending on the facts and circumstances--which you understandably did not post.

If you are not the person was 'exposed' you likely have no standing to take any legal steps.

Your post contains almost no facts--it’s those facts that are used to determine if any law has been broken or tort committed or duty breached.

FWIW, I know of no law that prevents anyone from making any others famous or infamous. And doing so is likely not a tort or breach of a duty. Depending on the study, there may or may not be contractual issues involved.

2. Heather Morcroft

1

Answered . I'm having trouble understanding this question If someone's privacy has been invaded, usually they know it. They don't go find someone to make something public and then hold that person liable. Without an explanation of what actually happened, it is impossible to answer this question.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******