Interview reschedule. How long does it take? How can I speed it up?

Fresno, CA |

I came to US with a student visa. I hired a lawyer and filed for an asylum in LA about a year ago. I successfully passed fingerprints procedure and was scheduled for an interview. Unfortunately, my lawyer couldn't make it that day, so we asked for rescheduling of the interview. I have been waiting for 11 months for a new interview appointment. Meanwhile, my lawyer transfered my case to SF (about 8 months ago). My lawyer always answers my calls, but the answer is "we have to wait!" I am still waiting for the interview, but nothing happens.
1) What is the regular waiting time for interview reschedule?
2) what can I do to speed up the process?
Many thanks in advance! I appreciate your help and time a lot!

1. What did your lawyer give you as answers to your questions? DId you ask him? He would be a good address to pose these quesiton.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. There is no typical timeframe for the processing of asylum applications. Once you request the interview be rescheduled, you are essentially put on the side until a space becomes available for you. You are waiting behind all the cases that have been filed after you. There is not a lot you can do besides requesting an interview be scheduled.

Wendy R. Barlow, Esq, The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., 111 Broadway, Suite 1306, New York NY 10006, (866) 456-­8654, wendy@myatorneyusa.com, www.myattorneyusa.com. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this answer, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the answer without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a licensed attorney. Provision of information on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., nor is it intended to do so.

3. There is not really a set timeframe for something like this, but 8 months is too long. Making an Infopass appointment in LA or SF might yield some insight as to whether the case has been transferred and when the interview might be coming.