Interrogatories for malicious prosecution or frivolous law suit

Branchville, NJ |

I am the plaintiff representing myself in a malicious prosecution case.
I'm having a hard time finding interrogatory forms on this topic. Any suggestions or any input on what type of questions I should ask?

1. I would guess that 99% of the law has not been boiled down to forms. Look up the statute, as a first step, and quote and cite to the law. Ask your questions, nice, neutral toned, relevant questions.

This case overall would be a significant undertaking even for an experienced attorney.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

2. You should consider speaking to an attorney at a one on one consultation to disuse this matter further. There is no factual background regarding your situation, dates, names of people involved, order of events or other important information that would be the basis on how you would frame your questions and more importantly whom you would ask them to.

A civil trial attorney at a consultation would be able to take the relevant law and apply it to the specific facts of your case so that you can have an outcome most favorable to what you want. My colleague correctly stated to start by looking at the statute and go from there. Best of luck to you.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed. If you found this answer to be HELPFUL then you can vote that this answer was helpful. If you found this answer to be the BEST ANSWER of all those presented, then you can vote that this answer was the best answer presented.

3. Unlike a personal injury case, there are no "form" interrogatories for a malicious prosecution case. As a guide, look in the appendix of the Court Rules for Form A and Form C Interrogatories, which are used in personal injury litigation.

Representing yourself in this matter will be a daunting undertaking. You should contact an attorney. Good luck.

DISCLAIMER: Please be advised that this post is not intended to constitute legal advice and is for informational purposes only. This posting in on way creates an attorney client relationship. You should contact an attorney to protect your interests.