Internet defamation.. Searched my name under Yahoo & sickened! My full Married with Maiden name is a sex/porn website!

Port Charlotte, FL |

Tonight I searched under "Yahoo" my Married name,which I discovered many positive searches for past accomplishments I've done throughout our community,also among was under my Maiden and Married names..Both as I have be re-married! This was the fourth one down on the first page after the search too! I clicked on the site which I was immediately appalled!!!! Sickened and distrought! How long has this been on this public international site?My Husband is furious and PRAY my Family will never see this under our/my last name either! It's a porn/sex dating webpage with naked women all over! I am very well known & respected in our town. Also about to open my own Business, which I am horrified at this being related to my name with my location (city's) name too.Can't be mistaken! Disgusted!

I'm mortified! Embarassed equally! After clicking under my name was the entire screen for a women's vagina...Not mine..How do I have this removed,so when I have anyone looking for me publicy they NVR see an Incorrect impression? I have done Events/Fundraising Business locally, as well & if this is seen will damage my reputation along with my upcoming Business & my clients.This webpage was posted under a fictious link & prefer to speak more so privately to discuss further details about this please.I'm in Awe! I would like to take legal action against whom ever used my name to associate me with this "Dating" site & also anyone else who allowed this immediately please. Any information of who/which particular Atty I need to speak with would be greatly appreciated..Thank you. *Correction from my 1st paragraph."been"..not "be" Re-Married* Also,Isn't it illegal to use another person's name withOUT their consent to make a profit? Misappropriation claim??? Just livid..Sorry.

1. There are many other facts that need to be discussed. Is there anything linking you to this website other than name? Your picture is not on website? Could be another woman with same name. Contact an attorney who deals in defamation law immediately to discuss the facts and your legal options.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/

2. This presents many issues, but the first one will be how specific the site is to you. It does not seem from your description that your picture, likeness, street address or anything other than your name is used on the site. So is your name something common, like Jane Smith, or is it something unique, like Meredith Adwena Starbuckle? If you can show it is your name specifically that is being used inappropriately, then you may have remedies, but if you just happen to have a name like the one on the site, that will be more difficult.

This response is merely a general discussion of an issue based on the information provided. It is not intended as legal advice and does not form an attorney-client relationship. You are encouraged to seek out an attorney of your choosing in your local jurisdiction, and to discuss your legal issue with that attorney.

3. While I'm sure this is very upsetting, there is little to nothing you can do about this. There are likely many people in the country with your same name. The fact that they created a website before you does not give you any right of action if they use it for nefarious purposes. However, if this were a person that was using the site to attack you, that is another story altogether. It appears from your description though, that this is a situation of another person with your name doing bad things. There is a person is my city with my name who has gotten 4 DUI's. On the public records, if you searched it, you'd find my exact name with 4 DUI's. It's not me, though. There is nothing I can do about that. It is frustrating but a reality that we all have to deal with in the Information Generation.

The recommendations in this answer are not considered legal advice for the purposes of ethical, legal and practical evaluation, nor does this recommendation create a retention of counsel agreement between us, wherein an attorney-client relationship or privilege exists. These recommendations should never be relied upon without first consulting an attorney in your jurisdiction. I am not your attorney, unless we enter into a written agreement fulfilling the terms of that agreement. The comments posted herein are purely for public educational purposes and public discourse on general legal topics. I presume the specific fact scenarios are only supposition and am thus commenting for the public's benefit and understanding of law. I am not soliciting you to hire me or my law firm, though in certain jurisdictions I may be able to refer you to an attorney that can help you or may consult with you for free.