International travel while on probation.

Westbury, NY |

I am currently on probation and I need to request permission for international travel. My PO says she needs to see a request from the judge in order to give me a letter of approval for travel. But when I went to the county clerk they said they need to see the letter from probation before they can schedule me for a date to go before the judge. I am trying to figure out what my next steps should be since neither side seems to want to move on this. Thanks!

What is your immigration status?

I am a US citizen

Esra Gules-Guctas

Esra Gules-Guctas

You should consult with a criminal attorney this is not an immigration question. Good Luck!

You need to consult with a criminal attorney.

This is a criminal law question. However, if you are not a US citizen, you should consult with an immigration attorney to see the potential consequences of leaving the U.S.

This general information does not establish any attorney-client relationship. There may well be factors not mentioned in the question which could and should be addressed in an attorney consultation.