International student get permanent resident of Obama offering law

Asked about 1 year ago - Lake Worth, FL

I am international daughter born in USA and she is US citizen. my question is if Obama administration give permanent resident to all illegal people, so can I get permanent resident in USA.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Todd Matthew Heine

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Too soon to give a good answer on this one: the laws are about to change.

    Total Mobility Law is an international law firm that lets companies do global business with the knowledge and... more
  2. Luca Cristiano Maria Melchionna

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . This is an immigration law question. I changed the topic so our immigration experts will have a chance to read and respond. Best

    This reply is offered for educational purpose only. You should seek the advice of an attorney. The response given... more
  3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If a law passes that legalizes ALL illegal people, then yes you would get permanent residence. There has been no such law yet and it is doubtful that even if one passed, ALL people in "illegal" status would benefit. Stay tuned to the news and this forum for an updates. One more thing, depending on your daughter's age - if she is over 21 - she can petition for you to get residence.

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,179 answers this week

2,797 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary