International Relocation with the child (2 year old girl), a country is part of Hauge Convention (Europe).

Asked 12 months ago - West Los Angeles, CA

I want to go back home where my family is, much bettere living condition, my own house, better emplyment, better life/work balance, support system, etc. The father is opposing. he filed for divorce when the child was 2 months old. I can not get a good job here in the US, have no family here, wanted to have a family with him but now Can not make a good living here. What are the chances? What are the strategies. I have been the primary care giver; baby lives with me; no communication with the father; he is arrogant and can not parent together;

1. Judith Ann Routledge

2

Answered . You need to file a Request for Order (RFO) requesting the court to give you permission to take the child, but you really need to hire an attorney because it is a complicated request that requires a full hearing based on a "best interest of the child" determination of appropriate custody.

2. Wail Sarieh

Pro

1

1

Answered . Dear Madam,

Like every request to the court that involves child custody and visitation, international relocation request is mostly judged by the best interest of the child. Usually, the judge will appoint either a minor's counsel or a 730 evaluator (considering the child's young age and inability to communicate) to help the judge in deciding the best interest of the child. Multiple factors will be considered by the court in assessing the request for relocation. You can read LaMusga case for better understanding of the court's point of view.

3. Athina Karamanlis Powers

Pro

1

Answered . As a California Attorney and one of the very few that are International Lawyers (trained and practice in civil law country and got my masters in the american law from Cardozo School as Law top 50 law schools in the U.S) I can help you with this problem. http://karamanlispowers.com

4. Nancie Yomtov

Pro

Answered . File a request for permission to move.
    Keep a diary of the father,s contact with the child.
    see if you can get independent witnesses to the fact that dad has limited contact.
    Offer a plan for his contact with child.
    The best plan of action is to show the court that he has voluntarily not seen the child.
    Good luck

5. Todd Matthew Heine

1

1

Answered . This is certainly possible, especially if you can show the judge that the Hague will protect the parties' interests in this matter. The website below offers free online consultations on international family law matters.