International inheritance taxation

San Diego, CA |

Hi, I am looking for a lawyer who has expertise in estate inheritance law, especially when international person is involved. Such as what is the best practice to minimize inheritance taxation? Lawyers located in San Diego only please. Thanks,

1. Click the "Find a Lawyer" tab and search for an attorney in San Diego under the estate and tax planning areas of law. Good luck to you.

2. I'd recommend Kevin Day, Esq. who is talented in this area. Find-A-Lawyer under Avvo.com. He is in Solana Beach. Tell him I said hello.

3. We regularly work with international inheritance and wealth transfer issues. The planning can be very simple or very complex depending on an individual families facts and circumstances as well as what they want to achieve. I'd love to hear more about your situation. If you have any specific questions I can be reached by email at joel@weisslerlawgroup.com or by phone (619) 281-1888.

DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this post or transmitted by email should be interpreted as legal advice unless I have been retained and you have made a deposit towards my fees. This post is intended to help the person posting the question to ask the right questions with the attorney of their choice. Your time to act may be very limited and this could substantially reduce your rights and options. Do NOT rely on anything I have written here -- You should contact a lawyer in your area immediately after reading my posting. I am licensed to practice law only in the State California. For questions connected with the laws of other states you should seek an Attorney in that state to advise you. The following disclosure is required pursuant to IRS Circular 230: unless otherwise expressly indicated, any federal tax advice contained in this communication, including attachments and enclosures, is not intended or written to be used, and may not be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any tax-related matters addressed herein. Attorney Weissler is licensed in California only. Although the legal rules in many states are the same, rules in your state may differ from those known by the responding attorney. Before relying on information received over the internet always check with a local attorney..

4. Not really sure your question, but any competent estate planning attorney should be able to help you. Try Mr. Weissler, Ms. Rosemary Meagher-Leonard or Christopher Albence, to name a few.

The general advice above does not constitute an attorney-client relationship: you haven't hired me or my firm or given me confidential information by posting on this public forum, and my answer on this public forum does not constitute attorney-client advice. IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: In order to comply with requirements imposed by the Internal Revenue Service, we inform you that any U.S. tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing, or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. While I am licensed to practice in New York and California, I do not actively practice in New York. Regardless, nothing said should be deemed an opinion of law of any state. All readers need to do their own research or pay an attorney for a legal opinion if one is necessary or desired.

5. Need more facts. What country? Is is a civil law or common law? If the country is a civil law country then you need a lawyer that understands civil law concepts and is also a lawyer in California

Disclaimer: The information contained in this website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as a legal advice on any subject. No recipients of content from this site,clients or otherwise,should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipient's state. The content of this website contains general information and may not reflect current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. The Karamanlis Powers Law Offices expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this website, weblogs, twitter, facebook, google+.

Tax law topics