Intend to plead not guilty by written decleration

Asked 6 months ago - Discovery Bay, CA

I am going to write to my designated courthouse clerk stating i intend to plead not guilty by written deceleration. Should I write just the letter? or do i need to write the request and fill out the TR-205 and include bail and send it all in at once? or just write my intention in an informal/formal letter and wait for them to mail me the TR-205 and further instructions?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Peter John Marek

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Mr. Hill is correct. Do it all at the same time. Follow up and make sure it is received. Things tend to get lost or buried with government bureaucracies. You may want to send it certified so you have proof of the mailing date and a receipt for your records should they claim not having received it. Good luck. Hope this helps? You are always better off with a lawyer!!!

  2. Greg Thomas Hill

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . I would do it all at one time, just to make sure they have everything and there is no room for slippage.

  3. Peter D. King

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If you are going to plea by written declaration you should also send in any applicable forms and the bail amount. Are you doing your trial by written declaration as well? You really should consider contacting an attorney to assist you. There are many viable defenses to speeding tickets and a local attorney would know how best to argue the facts of your case. Just contact a couple attorneys from AVVO to see what they can offer. Many have free consultations.

  4. Andrew Stephen Roberts


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Do it all at once.


Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,209 answers this week

2,699 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,209 answers this week

2,699 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary