Insurance company is trying to get out of paying for my injuries and pain and suffering

Asked 9 months ago - Bethlehem, PA

I was recently hit by a rather large commercial vehicle, I have sustained some injuries and still have pain. to the point that I am unable to even take my kids out to do anything while the are on summer break because the pain is to much for me not to take pain medicine and while taking the pain meds I can't drive because it causes drowsiness. However it seem to me like the at fault drivers insurance company is trying to avoid paying for anything on my medical claim the just want my insurance company to pay the bills and that is it. The other driver was deemed 100% at fault. and I also have full tort what should I do to get compensated?

1. Angel Mae T Webby Esq.

5

Answered . First, I am sorry that you are going through this tragic, confusing, and frustrating situation. It is important that you refrain from providing recorded statements to the insurance company. It is also important that you seek guidance from an experienced personal injury attorney because dealing with the insurance company, especially one for a commercial vehicle can be tricky. Insurance companies will try to take advantage of those not represented by counsel to save money.

With that said, the way that the medical bill part of your claim works is that in Pennsylvania, your own car insurance will take care of your medical bills up until you exhaust the limit you purchased. Once the limit is exhausted then you will have to turn the medical bills over to your private health insurance. However, the private health insurance will most likely assert a lien on any monies you may receive as a result of settlement or verdict. As you can already see, dealing with the insurance company and your own personal health insurance can get tricky. That is why it is in your best interest to retain an experienced personal injury attorney.

Please feel free to contact my office for a free consult. You can find more information about my office at www.zolalaw.com.

Disclaimer: The above answer does not provide legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Harold Semanoff

Pro

4

Answered . I am sorry to hear about your injuries. You should immediately retain an attorney specializing in personal-injury matters. You are entitled to be compensated for your pain and suffering, loss of income, future and pain and suffering and economic losses. With regard to your medical bills, Pennsylvania is a "no-fault" automobile insurance state. That means, your insurance company is required to pay your accident related medical expenses, up to the amount of your medical insurance coverage. After that, your bills would be submitted to any secondary healthcare insurance carrier that you may have. The insurance company for the other driver would be required to pay any unreimbursed medical expenses that you may have, and may be required to reimburse your secondary health insurance carrier for the amounts that they paid for your medical bills. It is likely that the other driver has a commercial insurance policy that should have more than adequate coverage to compensate you for your injuries, and your unreimbursed and reimbursable medical expenses. I would be happy to answer any questions that you may have regarding any of these issues. Best of luck with your physical recovery, and your personal injury claim.

3. Michael Scott Mednick

3

Answered . You should contact a Personal Injury Lawyer to discuss your case.

Michael S. Mednick
    1275 Glenlivit Drive, Suite 100
    Allentown, PA 18106
    Phone: 610-366-1414
    Web: mmklawfirm.com

4. Stewart C Crawford Jr.

Pro

3

Answered . You should definitely sit down with an attorney to explore your options, there are a number of things to address including pain and suffering, reimbursement of medical bills, property damage deductibles, etc. Yoi should also continue to seek medical treatment to address any long term injuries

Pro

3

Answered . Bottom line is you need a top-rated Avvo attorney with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so you don't get hurt twice.

6. Jonathan Seth Corchnoy

1

Answered . You don't know what you are doing. Stop whining and contact a professional personal injury attorney who can get you what is owed to you.

7. Gladys E. Wiles

1

Answered . It's never a pleasant experience to be involved in a car accident, and I'm sorry you have deal with this, especially during the summer.

I would recommend you retain a personal injury attorney to handle your case for you. That way, you can focus on getting better so that you can be more active with your children. Also, often, insurance companies will try to do the least possible when you are not represented by an attorney. You need to continue treating with your doctors so that you get better. Once you have completed treating, a personal injury attorney will be able to assess the value of your case. Check out our most recent blog on valuation. http://www.snyderwileslaw.com/blog.php?id=41

Good luck to you!

Gladys Wiles
    Snyder & Wiles, PC
    7731 Main Street
    Fogelsville, PA 18051
    610-391-9500

8. John F. Fox Jr.

1

Answered . You need an experienced personal injury attorney to handle your case. You will have much better results. I would call for a free consultation immediately.