Skip to main content

Insurance company is trying to get out of paying for my injuries and pain and suffering

Bethlehem, PA |

I was recently hit by a rather large commercial vehicle, I have sustained some injuries and still have pain. to the point that I am unable to even take my kids out to do anything while the are on summer break because the pain is to much for me not to take pain medicine and while taking the pain meds I can't drive because it causes drowsiness. However it seem to me like the at fault drivers insurance company is trying to avoid paying for anything on my medical claim the just want my insurance company to pay the bills and that is it. The other driver was deemed 100% at fault. and I also have full tort what should I do to get compensated?

Attorney Answers 8

  1. You should contact a Personal Injury Lawyer to discuss your case.

    Michael S. Mednick
    1275 Glenlivit Drive, Suite 100
    Allentown, PA 18106
    Phone: 610-366-1414

  2. First, I am sorry that you are going through this tragic, confusing, and frustrating situation. It is important that you refrain from providing recorded statements to the insurance company. It is also important that you seek guidance from an experienced personal injury attorney because dealing with the insurance company, especially one for a commercial vehicle can be tricky. Insurance companies will try to take advantage of those not represented by counsel to save money.

    With that said, the way that the medical bill part of your claim works is that in Pennsylvania, your own car insurance will take care of your medical bills up until you exhaust the limit you purchased. Once the limit is exhausted then you will have to turn the medical bills over to your private health insurance. However, the private health insurance will most likely assert a lien on any monies you may receive as a result of settlement or verdict. As you can already see, dealing with the insurance company and your own personal health insurance can get tricky. That is why it is in your best interest to retain an experienced personal injury attorney.

    Please feel free to contact my office for a free consult. You can find more information about my office at

    Disclaimer: The above answer does not provide legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship.

  3. You don't know what you are doing. Stop whining and contact a professional personal injury attorney who can get you what is owed to you.

  4. I am sorry to hear about your injuries. You should immediately retain an attorney specializing in personal-injury matters. You are entitled to be compensated for your pain and suffering, loss of income, future and pain and suffering and economic losses. With regard to your medical bills, Pennsylvania is a "no-fault" automobile insurance state. That means, your insurance company is required to pay your accident related medical expenses, up to the amount of your medical insurance coverage. After that, your bills would be submitted to any secondary healthcare insurance carrier that you may have. The insurance company for the other driver would be required to pay any unreimbursed medical expenses that you may have, and may be required to reimburse your secondary health insurance carrier for the amounts that they paid for your medical bills. It is likely that the other driver has a commercial insurance policy that should have more than adequate coverage to compensate you for your injuries, and your unreimbursed and reimbursable medical expenses. I would be happy to answer any questions that you may have regarding any of these issues. Best of luck with your physical recovery, and your personal injury claim.

  5. You should definitely sit down with an attorney to explore your options, there are a number of things to address including pain and suffering, reimbursement of medical bills, property damage deductibles, etc. Yoi should also continue to seek medical treatment to address any long term injuries

    All information provided in this comment is intended for informational purposes only and does not, by itself, create an attorney client relationship. Without the benefit a personal consultation to exploe all of the facts of your legal problem, the information in this posting may be inaccurate and for that reason it should not be relied upon. If you wish to consult with an attorney, or have any questions concerning this comment, please feel free to contact our offices through any of the above contact sources.

  6. Bottom line is you need a top-rated Avvo attorney with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so you don't get hurt twice.

  7. It's never a pleasant experience to be involved in a car accident, and I'm sorry you have deal with this, especially during the summer.

    I would recommend you retain a personal injury attorney to handle your case for you. That way, you can focus on getting better so that you can be more active with your children. Also, often, insurance companies will try to do the least possible when you are not represented by an attorney. You need to continue treating with your doctors so that you get better. Once you have completed treating, a personal injury attorney will be able to assess the value of your case. Check out our most recent blog on valuation.

    Good luck to you!

    Gladys Wiles
    Snyder & Wiles, PC
    7731 Main Street
    Fogelsville, PA 18051

    The information contained in this Website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this site, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipient's state. The content of this Website contains general information and may not reflect current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. The Firm expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this Website. Any information sent to The Firm by Internet e-mail or through the Website is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis. Transmission of information from this Website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Firm, nor is it intended to do so. The transmission of the Website, in part or in whole, and/or any communication with us via Internet e-mail through this site does not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship between us and any recipients. Some links within the Website may lead to other web-sites, including those operated and maintained by third parties. The Firm includes these links solely as a convenience to you, and the presence of such a link does not imply a responsibility for the linked site or an endorsement of the linked site, its operator, or its contents. This Website and its contents are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Furthermore, The Firm does not wish to represent anyone desiring representation based upon viewing this Website in a state where this Website fails to comply with all laws and ethical rules of that state.

  8. You need an experienced personal injury attorney to handle your case. You will have much better results. I would call for a free consultation immediately.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics