Insurance agent with drew money form my wife life insurance policy

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Antonio, TX

we were informed that my insurance agent had with drew money from my wife life insurance, had the check sent to a PO Box ,signed my wife name and deposited the money into her account. their are about 10 to 20 other that the agent has done the same thing to.

Attorney answers (6)

  1. Gregg Samuel Harrison

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Sounds like fraud. But I cannot fully understand your question. You can call me or a local attorney for a consultation.

    All responses on this site by this attorney are considered practical & general and does not constitute absolute or... more
  2. Eric B. Dick


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Sounds like torts and theft. Contract the police and an experienced attorney.

    Eric Dick, LL.M.; Office: 832-207-2007; Cell: 713-498-7969; Email:; website: www.... more
  3. Anthony Nicholas Banker

    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You are describing actionable fraud, conversion, and multiple criminal acts. Is anyone currently representing the other victims? If so, you should consult with that law firm. If not, you should seek out local counsel.

  4. Brian Heath Crockett

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . Who informed you that this was going on? If the problem is as rampid as you describe you need to take contact local authorities and seek counsel. A lawyer may be able to get the money that was taken before its squandered. Contact an experienced insurance lawyer to assist you. I wish you the best of luck.

    Although Avvo makes it clear to consumers that attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do... more
  5. Gregory H. Bevel


    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . I agree as to his insurance company this is fraud, but as to you and your wife, this is theft. Contact your police department and ask to speak to a detective in the white collar crime department, get copies of all of the records and documents that prove the chain of events as you have described them and turn this matter over to the police.

    The criminal system is a better choice of dealing with this person and may be more effective in getting your money back.

    The civil justice system has certain limits to which we can't go, and putting someone like this in jail is one of those limits. For your sake, and future victims, turn this over to the police.

    This doesn't mean that you cannot also hire a civil lawyer to pursue the return of your money, but in my experience, someone so desperate to steal money from his employer and his clients has more than likely spent the money in a manner that it will be difficult to recover, and you might not be able to actually get your money back.

    The good news is theft and actual fraud are not typically dischargeable in a bankruptcy, so he can't file bankruptcy to avoid paying you. But collecting a debt against any individual can be very difficult.

    Good Luck to you.


  6. Howard Robert Roitman

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Fraud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,884 answers this week

3,666 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,884 answers this week

3,666 attorneys answering