Skip to main content

Instructions how to fill out Order to Show cause forms and other forms that are needed with it in California, County of Kings.

Hanford, CA |

I am filing from out of state. I have a court order already in California prior to the move to Wisconsin 2 years ago. The child lives with me and the father has summer vacation about 5 weeks out of the year. The father does not want to see him this year and he is not following court orders. I have order to show cause forms FL-300 and FL-310 and also FL-305 and FL-311 and FL-105/GC-120. I need help with instructions on how to fill out these forms and how many copies I have to make of each and which forms go to the court and to respondent. Please help me. As soon as possible. All I want to change is custody from joint to sole legal custody to me and no visitation to the father until hearing.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It sounds like you have acquired all of the necessary forms to file your Order to Show Cause. It also sounds like you have a pretty good idea of what you want to ask for. You may want to seek out an attorney to assist you in filling out the forms, likely best to find an attorney who will charge you a lower, flat rate fee to assist you. You can also get help from the Court's self-help center and most county court websites have an assistance package of forms that help to fill out the forms. The original set of documents goes to the court for filing, also send 2 additional copies for conformed copies. When you receive thoses conformed copies back from the court, keep one set of copies for yourself. The other set of conformed copies will be the "service" pack of documents. You must serve this set of copies on the father of the child. You must also enclosed blank copies of a Responsive Declaration and a blank FL-105. Once the father has been served, you must file a Proof of Service with the Court. Service must be effectuated by someone over the age of 18, NOT a party to the action.

This response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. This response is for educational purposes only. This response is not intended to be legal advice to the reader.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer