Institutional abuse, by my abusive x, constant relentless litigations, every other year. How do I fight it? Help!

Tobyhanna, PA |

Every other year, he files a complaint against me. He's extreamlyagressive domestic violence was an issue,now he's controlling me thru the court. What can I do?

You should retain an attorney to handle this matter for you. If he is abusing the system, there are ways to prevent him from filing a new action without court permission under the right circumstances.

My response is based solely on the limited information contained in the question. It is not meant to substitute your attorney's advice.

I have had in 12 years of this ongoing situation, no real relief, for my daughter or myself, it's almost as tho we don't have any rites and his claims are granted. I at a huge disadvantage, and very frustrated, I'd be interested in your thoughts, on the process you describe, how do I learn more?

Randi Joy Silverman

Randi Joy Silverman

You would need to retain an attorney to file a Petition or Motion, depending on how your county Judges prefer these issues to be raised. You would outline all of the entire history of your case and attach copies of all of the documents and court orders and you would ask the Judge to require him to obtain a court order before filing any future actions because he is abusing the court system to harass you. It would be very difficult to do this on your own as there aren't any set forms.

Regarding domestic violence: call the police every time.

I do not know what he is filing complaints for against you. My suggestion is.... NO CONTACT with him. MOVE. If you have no children, get him out of your life for good. Speak to local attorney if you need help. Good Luck!

I HOPE I WAS HELPFUL. Steve Hamer answers questions on Avvo for general information and not as legal advice. Those answers do not establish an attorney/client relationship. If you would like my help, contact Mr. Hamer at (214) 843-1529 for a FREE CONSULTATION.

I did move, we have a daughter but I was abused and left when I found out I was pregnant. 1 yr later he sued me for paternal rites and it went down hill from there.

Hard to say without knowing more about his complaints. Abuse of process may be the way

I moved after the first abusive situation, but not before he sued me for paternal rite to my daughter. In moving I was sued for not telling him which was untrue but I did not do it in writing. Big lesson in that. Since then it's been about more parenting time and less support paid even tho her needs increase. Recently, there are issues of drugs guns and highly questionable behavior in my daughter be so afraid of him, she will hide in her closet. If I don't send her, like last time, I had to pat his fees and serve 40 hrs community service for breaking his rites. What do I do?

By the way last time, 2011, I had a officer order me not to send her to him in writing in his report he filed, this did not help me, or my case. Judge told me i have a personal problem, just because he was abusive to me dosnt mean he will be abusive to her. Meanwhile she is afraid of him, and in therapy and afraid of telling the dr anything because she Thinks it will get back to her father and he will punish her. It's very complicated. Meanwhile I have to inform him who she sees and where her therapist is because I have to keep open communications with the father. By court order. Dosnt that break my amendment and her amendment rites?