Instead of insulting Pro Se Litigants can one of you asses answer the question. The Judge believes everything that the Opposing

The Judge believes everything that the Opposing Party says. Always finds fault. Ignores the law. Is he just siding with his Law School buddies? If I hire a Lawyer, they are afraid to call the Judge on it. Aren't there some areas where the Judge has to do what the law and the Appeals court says?

Los Angeles, CA -

Howard M Lewis

Howard M Lewis

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Framingham, MA

You are correct that many times Judges inherently do not treat pro se litigants with the same courtesy that they treat represented ones. What you can do is endear yourself to the court, by starting off, dressing respectfullly, apologizing to the court that you are pro se and that if you could afford an attny you would because you respect the legal system and you respect the courts time, and then say, if you could just listen to my simple argument i will keep it brief, then practice it and you will gain an advanatage.. best of luck.

Christine C McCall

Christine C McCall

Administrative Law Lawyer - Pasadena, CA

The GENTLEMEN who have already responded here are far too professional and well-mannered to tell you what you need to hear. I am not. The obvious explanation for some of your experience in family court is inevitably and irrefutably evidenced by the words of your post. The court has taken your measure and is affording you the respect and credibility that the court has concluded you merit. You can be as abusive as you choose about that. The fact is that the court's view of you did not rain down from the sky. It was planted and nurtured by you.

William Emil Cassara

William Emil Cassara

Military Law Attorney - Augusta, GA

Respectfully, instead of insulting lawyers it might be a better idea if you asked your question in a more civil manner. I agree with Mr. Lewis. The best thing is to "play nice." Be respectful. When you disagree and think the judge is not following the law, say "respectfully your honor, I disagree. I believe the law is X." And tell him why.

Michael Charles Doland

Michael Charles Doland

Litigation Lawyer - Los Angeles, CA

Both my colleagues give clear answers without emotions. Being afraid of judges is not one of the qualities I have seen in lawyers. They are normally also good at making a record that can be reviewed on appeal

Atousa Saei

Atousa Saei

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Los Angeles, CA

I tend to agree with the responding attorneys. A while back, I had a judge removed from a case because the case was simply becoming too much for the judge to handle and the judge was refusing to hear what I had to say. That being said, it was not easy and if there are alternatives, I would strongly recommend you take the route of least resistance. You may want to talk with a local attorney about your options moving forward in your case.

Bobby L. Bollinger Jr.

Bobby L. Bollinger Jr.

Litigation Lawyer - Charlotte, NC

In my experience, trial judges go out of their way to accommodate pro se parties.

But, if the judge discovers that the pro se party is disrespectful to the court, the other parties, or the process, then the judge will quickly shift to a less accommodating attitude.