Instead of insulting Pro Se Litigants can one of you asses answer the question. The Judge believes everything that the Opposing

The Judge believes everything that the Opposing Party says. Always finds fault. Ignores the law. Is he just siding with his Law School buddies? If I hire a Lawyer, they are afraid to call the Judge on it.

Aren't there some areas where the Judge has to do what the law and the Appeals court says?

You are correct that many times Judges inherently do not treat pro se litigants with the same courtesy that they treat represented ones. What you can do is endear yourself to the court, by starting off, dressing respectfullly, apologizing to the court that you are pro se and that if you could afford an attny you would because you respect the legal system and you respect the courts time, and then say, if you could just listen to my simple argument i will keep it brief, then practice it and you will gain an advanatage.. best of luck.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

Respectfully, instead of insulting lawyers it might be a better idea if you asked your question in a more civil manner. I agree with Mr. Lewis. The best thing is to "play nice." Be respectful. When you disagree and think the judge is not following the law, say "respectfully your honor, I disagree. I believe the law is X." And tell him why.

Howard M Lewis

Howard M Lewis

great counsel

Both my colleagues give clear answers without emotions. Being afraid of judges is not one of the qualities I have seen in lawyers. They are normally also good at making a record that can be reviewed on appeal

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

The GENTLEMEN who have already responded here are far too professional and well-mannered to tell you what you need to hear. I am not. The obvious explanation for some of your experience in family court is inevitably and irrefutably evidenced by the words of your post. The court has taken your measure and is affording you the respect and credibility that the court has concluded you merit. You can be as abusive as you choose about that. The fact is that the court's view of you did not rain down from the sky. It was planted and nurtured by you.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Michael Raymond Daymude

Michael Raymond Daymude

You have a wonderful way with words, Ms. McCall. I like them a lot more than the word "asses" which, from my point of view, was rhetorical.

Bobby L. Bollinger Jr.

Bobby L. Bollinger Jr.

Ms. McCall nailed the answer on this question!

Is asses not preferable to greedy bastards?

I tend to agree with the responding attorneys. A while back, I had a judge removed from a case because the case was simply becoming too much for the judge to handle and the judge was refusing to hear what I had to say. That being said, it was not easy and if there are alternatives, I would strongly recommend you take the route of least resistance. You may want to talk with a local attorney about your options moving forward in your case.

In my experience, trial judges go out of their way to accommodate pro se parties.

But, if the judge discovers that the pro se party is disrespectful to the court, the other parties, or the process, then the judge will quickly shift to a less accommodating attitude.

This answer is intended as general information and not as specific legal advice. If you want to have a free consultation with me, please contact me through AVVO.