Inspecting insurance documents

Houston, TX |

I posted here before regarding Hurricane Ike. The problem I had was getting the insurance claims 80% redacted. I have asked them to release the claims to me fully and without any redaction. They have not answered me.
My question is: is there any way that I can the full file unopened and unredacted without filing a lawsuit to subpena them?
I am thinking like Freedom of Information Act If it applies to this case) or something that would compel them to release that to me?

1. Are you back, again?!

We provide Strong & Cost Effective legal work in Houston and Dallas offices, as well as, by appointment Statewide. We will come to meet you in Texas or beyond... FREE CONSULTATION !! The information provided here is not legal advice as no attorney client relationship exists between us unless you contact us and arrange for services. PLEASE CONTACT OUR FIRM DIRECTLY by clicking on my name above and going to our AVVO profile to reach us by email or phone to set up a consultation. We work 7 days a week and often can return calls or meet evenings or weekends! ! We want to become your lawyer!! Please MARK my answer as BEST or HELPFUL if it is, please !! *** PLEASE JUST CONTACT US DIRECTLY IF YOU WANT US TO READ YOUR COMMENTS*** Thank you. Edward Kazaleh

2. Best bet is to speak to a local insurance lawyer to discuss in full. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to locate a top-rated Avvo attorney.

Licensed & have offices in PA & NJ ONLY. (Philadelphia, PA & Marlton, NJ)

3. You need to sue and seek discovery. There is likely an issue with statute of limitations

Eric Dick, LL.M.; Office: 832-207-2007; Cell: 713-498-7969; Email: eric@dicklawfirm.com; website: www.dicklawfirm.com LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Mr. Dick is licensed to practice law in Texas and his office located in Harris County. Mr. Dick primarily practices insurance law in Texas and offers free consultations. Mr. Dick is ethically required to state that the response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney client relationship. These responses are only in the form of legal education and are intended to only provide general information about the matter within the question. Often times the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that if known could significantly change the reply or make such reply unsuitable. Mr. Dick strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in his or her state in order to ensure proper advice is received. By using this site you understand and agree that there is no attorney client relationship or confidentiality between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in the subject area in your jurisdiction, who is familiar with your specific facts and all of the circumstances and with whom you have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question or omitted from the question. Circular 230 Disclaimer - Any information in this comment may not be used to eliminate or reduce penalties by the IRS or any other governmental agency.