Inspecting insurance documents

Asked about 1 year ago - Houston, TX

I posted here before regarding Hurricane Ike. The problem I had was getting the insurance claims 80% redacted. I have asked them to release the claims to me fully and without any redaction. They have not answered me.
My question is: is there any way that I can the full file unopened and unredacted without filing a lawsuit to subpena them?
I am thinking like Freedom of Information Act If it applies to this case) or something that would compel them to release that to me?

Pro

4

Answered . Best bet is to speak to a local insurance lawyer to discuss in full. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to locate a top-rated Avvo attorney.

Licensed & have offices in PA & NJ ONLY. (Philadelphia, PA & Marlton, NJ)
  2. Edward James Kazaleh

2

Answered . Are you back, again?!

3. Eric B. Dick

Pro

Answered . You need to sue and seek discovery. There is likely an issue with statute of limitations