Insolvet Estate in California Probate.

Asked about 2 years ago - Carson, CA

I am currently in probate, had final distribution hearing 6-12-12 where judge denied claim stating the 1 creditors claim needed to be paid or a waiver received from creditor.My father died July 2011 no will.Only asset is our home which has a reverse mortgage, which is underwater, probabte refree appraised higher than mortgage company appraisal.I have paid all courts costs and taxes out of my own pocket as there are no assets-the only reason I started probate is that I want to keep the house, but reverse mortgage company won't allow me to pay off the loan (I have mortgage in my name preapproved) without title, I can't get title until probate closes and now probate won't close until I pay a debt that isn't mine out of my pocket (approx 16,000). My attorney is stumped - any suggestions?

1. Molly Cristin Hansen

8

Answered . This website is for general advice, not the type of specific advice you are seeking. Communications on this website are public (and not protected by the attorney-client confidentiality privilege), and since you are already represented by counsel, it would be awkward for any of us to respond to your question.

2. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

7

Answered . Attorney Hansen is correct-you already have an attorney-so it would be improper for another attorney to advise you.