Ins. Co. finds me at fault for illegal lane change when I was driving straight! Other driver lied, can I fight this?

Asked over 1 year ago - Sunnyvale, CA

I made a slow turn from a shop onto the end of a narrow 400 ft long Court. Other driver followed closely. I was slow to accelerate, but still moving forward @ 15 mph. I never braked, signaled, or made any attempts to slow down. Parked cars were on both sides of the road, so it was completely unsafe to pass me on the right. When we cleared 2 parked cars, to our right, she turned into the lane occupied by the parked cars and attempted to accelerate past me and cut back into my lane before she hit the parked cars in front of her. She turned too early causing my front right bumper to side swipe her car's left side. No injury, police not involved. Sole witness is my friend. Same Ins Co. She says I turned into her. Ins co says its my fault based on photos alone. Adj.says I will lose in court.

1. Robert Max Klein

Pro

7

Best Answer

Answered . So what do you have to lose if you go to court? Since the adjuster says you will lose, if you win, you are ahead of the game. I say go to small claims court and give it your best shot. And if you do lose, that is what is expects. When you go to court, make sure to bring photos of the street, photos of your car, the paperwork showing the cost to repair and your witness.

2. Robert Bruce Kopelson

7

Answered . No injury? Property damage only? You both have same ins co? So is ins co paying to fix both cars? You can go to small claims court for your damage. Have your witness present to verify what you say happened. Did you take photos at the scene showing location of cars at impact and the parked cars ahead of her?

3. Steven Mark Sweat

7

Answered . If there were no injuries, you should report the claim to your insurance and open a claim with hers either directly or through your insurance carrier.

4. Daniel Nelson Deasy

8

Answered . The adjuster's opinion means nothing in a court of law. You can fight this but you will need help from an attorney to present your case to a judge.

Pro

8

Answered . Simply report it to your insurance company to resolve. This is why we all have insurance.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  6. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

Pro

6

Answered . If you are not hurt, let your insurance company take care of the claim. If your insurance company will not do so, hire an attorney to advice you what to do next. Best of luck.