Inquiry about impact of Immigration reform bill on H1 Extension with I-140 approved and working on a client site

Fountain Valley, CA |

Hi Experts,

I will be applying my H1 extension end of this year based on approved I-140 (on EB2 category).. I work in IT and work at client site...based on the new immigration reform bill and if this passes as law, do you think I will be able to do my H1 extension ( based on approved i-140, EB2 India, Priority date Sep 2011) or not as they will be changing the H1 policy, Please advice.

1. Come back when the Bill is the law. For more information visit www.myattorneyusa.com/blog

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. No one could possibly answer your question(s).

Wait and see what happens.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

3. I agree with my colleagues. It is like the children's game of pass word - what is the original proposed bill will change alot when or if it becomes law.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.