Skip to main content

Injured party referred to another law firm for personal injury and no response? What should I do to inquire advocacy for help

Stroudsburg, PA |

Writer is connected with workers compensation firm, and case is accepted, but affiliated personal injury firm says need additional information before they take case. Writer forwarded previous medical history of spinal fusion, and medical information from current WC case from rear ended from multiple vehicles: delivery truck and car. Regarding ongoing medical care already started: EMG, Cervical and Lumbar MRI did show moderate changes and new injuries to neck and post spinal fusion injury. I have not heard a response, Left messages for firm to schedule a date to meet with someone from firm. Should I inquire issue in 2 weeks after finding out meeting from spinal surgeon to determine next level of care or speak to WC firm for feedback

Attorney Answers 7

  1. Best answer

    In my view, you have a 3rd party case that is viable . It is a matter of how much it's worth taking into account your prior history. You should consider reaching out to other potential counsel to help you with your 3rd party case. I would be glad to speak with you about your case and I am confident many others would do so as well. It is up to you as to how to proceed, but it cannot hurt to speak with someone else. Good luck

  2. If the firm your WC lawyer sent you to is unresponsive, I would suggest that you contact your WC firm and let them know. They will want to know if the firms to which they refer business are unresponsive since this also reflects on them since they made the referral.

    Timothy D. Belt, Esquire Helping injured workers in Northeast Pennsylvania. Certified as a specialist in the practice of workers’ compensation law by the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Section on Workers’ Compensation Law as authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The information given is based strictly upon the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

  3. You have a 3rd party claim. Plenty of personal injury lawyers work on the weekends, as you can see by lawyers answering your questions. What vehicle was directly behind you, the truck?

  4. As others have stated, it certainly sounds like you have a viable third-party cause of action, in addition to your Workers Compensation Claim. I would notify your current Attorneys and advise that you have not heard from the firm that they have referred you to. Request that they either assist you in securing appointment with the original personal injury firm that they referred you to, and/or request that they refer you to another firm. If still not satisfied, you may seek counsel elsewhere.

    This answer to your legal inquiry is based upon the limited facts stated in your question. Accurate legal advice is based upon an exchange between a lawyer and a client. The lawyer can then ask about other facts that may change or confirm the answer. Without that exchange, this reply should be considered limited in value. You should rely on this answer only at your own risk. Direct consultation with a lawyer is always recommended. Answering your question does not create an attorney-client relationship. The answering attorney is licensed in Pennsylvania and all answers are given pursuant to Pennsylvania law, unless otherwise indicated. If you have further questions regarding your issue, or my answer you may contact me to discuss this issue further by calling 215-496-9607 or sending an email to

  5. I would seek out another firm if I got no response

  6. You should ask your WC attorney for assistance. As the referring attorney, he/she should intercede and make sure the PI firm responds to you

  7. Sounds like you've been through a lot already. If you do not hear back soon, I would suggest finding other counsel to handle your matter. From your description it sounds like you have a WC case and potentially a 3rd party case against the other driver. You should have someone discuss your rights with you as soon as you can.

    Best of luck to you.

    Gladys Wiles
    Snyder & Wiles, PC
    7731 Main Street
    Fogelsville, PA 18051

    The information contained in this Website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this site, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipient's state. The content of this Website contains general information and may not reflect current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. The Firm expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this Website. Any information sent to The Firm by Internet e-mail or through the Website is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis. Transmission of information from this Website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Firm, nor is it intended to do so. The transmission of the Website, in part or in whole, and/or any communication with us via Internet e-mail through this site does not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship between us and any recipients. Some links within the Website may lead to other web-sites, including those operated and maintained by third parties. The Firm includes these links solely as a convenience to you, and the presence of such a link does not imply a responsibility for the linked site or an endorsement of the linked site, its operator, or its contents. This Website and its contents are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Furthermore, The Firm does not wish to represent anyone desiring representation based upon viewing this Website in a state where this Website fails to comply with all laws and ethical rules of that state.

Business topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics