Injured party referred to another law firm for personal injury and no response? What should I do to inquire advocacy for help

Asked 12 months ago - Stroudsburg, PA

Writer is connected with workers compensation firm, and case is accepted, but affiliated personal injury firm says need additional information before they take case. Writer forwarded previous medical history of spinal fusion, and medical information from current WC case from rear ended from multiple vehicles: delivery truck and car. Regarding ongoing medical care already started: EMG, Cervical and Lumbar MRI did show moderate changes and new injuries to neck and post spinal fusion injury. I have not heard a response, Left messages for firm to schedule a date to meet with someone from firm. Should I inquire issue in 2 weeks after finding out meeting from spinal surgeon to determine next level of care or speak to WC firm for feedback

Pro

13

1

Answered . You have a 3rd party claim. Plenty of personal injury lawyers work on the weekends, as you can see by lawyers answering your questions. What vehicle was directly behind you, the truck?

2. Robert Alan Huber

Pro

11

Best Answer

Answered . In my view, you have a 3rd party case that is viable . It is a matter of how much it's worth taking into account your prior history. You should consider reaching out to other potential counsel to help you with your 3rd party case. I would be glad to speak with you about your case and I am confident many others would do so as well. It is up to you as to how to proceed, but it cannot hurt to speak with someone else. Good luck

3. Timothy D. Belt

Pro

12

1

Answered . If the firm your WC lawyer sent you to is unresponsive, I would suggest that you contact your WC firm and let them know. They will want to know if the firms to which they refer business are unresponsive since this also reflects on them since they made the referral.

4. Richard Alan Jaffe

Pro

11

Answered . As others have stated, it certainly sounds like you have a viable third-party cause of action, in addition to your Workers Compensation Claim. I would notify your current Attorneys and advise that you have not heard from the firm that they have referred you to. Request that they either assist you in securing appointment with the original personal injury firm that they referred you to, and/or request that they refer you to another firm. If still not satisfied, you may seek counsel elsewhere.

5. William A. Kovalcik

10

Answered . You should ask your WC attorney for assistance. As the referring attorney, he/she should intercede and make sure the PI firm responds to you

6. Gladys E. Wiles

8

Answered . Sounds like you've been through a lot already. If you do not hear back soon, I would suggest finding other counsel to handle your matter. From your description it sounds like you have a WC case and potentially a 3rd party case against the other driver. You should have someone discuss your rights with you as soon as you can.

Best of luck to you.

Gladys Wiles
    Snyder & Wiles, PC
    7731 Main Street
    Fogelsville, PA 18051
    610-391-9500

7. John M Connell

Pro

8

Answered . I would seek out another firm if I got no response