Skip to main content

Injured at work

Mount Vernon, WA |

i work for a self insured company i was injured on the job they are making me feel as though i miss any work i will be fired they pressure me i fractured my vertabre above my tailbone can i call labor and industries or who today is the first day i have missed since my injury just cant take it anymore.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You need to talk to a Washington workers compensation attorney right away. Look for one on this web site. Don't wait.

  2. Regardless of what your employer says, they are obligated to reasonably accommodate your medical condition, including giving you time off if that is what you need. Also, if the employer has more than 50 employees, the Family and Medical Leave Act would apply, which would entitle you to up to 12 weeks of leave in a 12 month period for a serious health condition. Without more information, I can't give you more specific information, but I hope that helps. -Don

  3. L&I can actually take your side against a Self-Insured Employer. It is illegal for an employer to retaliate for filing or pursuing your claim. You may wish to contact a plaintiffs workers comp firm as well. Self -Insureds are very aggressive, cas be manipulative and are intersted in their bottom line. Your claim is viewed as an impediment to their bottom line.

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics