Inherited a home in OR which I know own with 2 other psychotic siblings. Can I force a sale living in CO?

Asked 12 months ago - Colorado Springs, CO

My father past away in April 2009 in Medford Oregon. The trustee for the estate just sent out a final accounting for the estate. In this accounting, I am 1/3 owner of 3 properties. 1 in Medford, OR which is still listed in the estate. 40 acre parcel and a additional cabin in CA. These 2 properties have already been transferred into all three of our names on the deed. Being that I live in CO and only have a few years to live (fighting a brain tumor) I have no interest in these properties. Did I mention that my 2 siblings are CRAZY and will do anything to make life miserable. What are my options to get out of these property deals? And, NO they will not even talk to me via text, call, FB ....nothing. In reality, how hard is it to force a sale both in OR and CA from CO?

1. Stephen Clark Harkess

3

1

Answered . You will want to repost this question in California and Oregon. You will need to work with attorneys licensed in these jurisdictions.

2. Christopher Daniel Leroi

3

1

Answered . Mr. Harkess is exactly correct. You will need to get attorneys in OR and CA to work on this case.

3. James P. Frederick

2

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You are looking for an attorney who can assist you with a "partition action." Hopefully, your siblings will agree to cooperate with you, in order to avoid the need for court proceedings. If they do not, partition will accomplish what you want to do. It is a court process, however, so it will be much more expensive and a huge hassle, that it would be better for all of you to avoid. Perhaps, once you have hired an attorney, your siblings will realize you are serious and they will decide to cooperate.

James Frederick