INFORMATION ON OWNING PROPERTY IN FLORIDA

Sanford, FL |

HELLOMY NAME IS BONNIE COLE.MY HUSBAND HURT AT WORK AND HIS EMPLOYER DID NOT CARRY WORKMANS COMP.DOES HE HAVE TO CARRY WORKMANS COMP ON HIS EMPLOYERS,AND DOES HE HAVE TO CARRY LIABILITY ON HIS PROPERTY.IT IS A HORSE FARM IN SANFORD FLORIDA.

1. Bonnie, the owner would not have to carry workers compensation if your husband was an "exercise rider", (it's an exception) or if the employer did not have at least four W-2 employees. The owner probably does carry liability insurance, but you would need to show that he was negligent and that caused the injuries to your husband. How was he hurt? Did the owner do anything negligent to contribute to this accident? I recommend you retain an attorney in the Orlando/Sanford area who is experienced in both workers compensation and liability/personal injury law. The consultation should be free, and you should review the AVVO profiles for client reviews and the AVVO ratings to find the right attorney for you. I hope this was helpful.

2. Mr. Bilaky has given you good advice. If your husband was not an exercise trainer and his employer had more than four employees, there are numerous ramifications the employer may be subject to which an experienced attorney will inform you of and advise as to your options. Best if luck.

Legal disclaimer: Legal analysis is for general information, based upon the limited facts provided. Comments are not intended to constitute binding legal advice. There is no attorney-client relationship formed as a result of this communication. The response provided shall not be relied upon as legal advice from the responding attorney and it is based solely upon the limited facts being provided to the responding attorney by the person posing the question. To the extent additional or different facts may exist, the response provided by the responding attorney might change. Responding attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Florida. As such, the response provided is based solely upon Florida law unless otherwise herein stated. If you find this information helpful, please check the "Up" arrow box below. If you wish to discuss your question(s), the response provided, or hiring me in a confidential setting, call (813) 413-8700.

3. As my colleague has stated, WC probably won't apply. However, you probably should speak to a workers compensation attorney/personal injury attorney for a consult as more facts are obviously needed to better advise your husband if he has a WC and/or personal injury liability claim.