Information I need to include on my immigration DS-260

Asked 7 months ago - Berkeley, CA

I won the Dv2015 and filed the DS-260 Application . My last name in passport is Mahmoud . However my last name in high school certificate and university certificates is Mahmoud Ali because my country uses a different way when it comes to last names from the USA . They use the first 4 names at times or 5 names at other times . So my name in passport is mentioned in 4 first names while in graduation certificates it is used in 5 names form . ! I want to include this information but do not know how ?!

1. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . Normally your birth record/certificate controls. After that, if the birth record is unclear, the passport controls ... school records have little value.

Have you considered hiring an attorney to help you?

2. Hetinder Singh Gill

Pro

1

Answered . You should consider hiring an attorney. The inconsistency in the name may be explained with an affidavit and attaching supporting documents including school records.