Information I need to include on my immigration DS-260

Berkeley, CA |

I won the Dv2015 and filed the DS-260 Application . My last name in passport is Mahmoud . However my last name in high school certificate and university certificates is Mahmoud Ali because my country uses a different way when it comes to last names from the USA . They use the first 4 names at times or 5 names at other times . So my name in passport is mentioned in 4 first names while in graduation certificates it is used in 5 names form . ! I want to include this information but do not know how ?!

Normally your birth record/certificate controls. After that, if the birth record is unclear, the passport controls ... school records have little value.

Have you considered hiring an attorney to help you?

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

You should consider hiring an attorney. The inconsistency in the name may be explained with an affidavit and attaching supporting documents including school records.

Raja S. Gill | Attorney At Law | Gill Law Group Disclaimer: Answers/information provided on this site general nature for information and educational purposes only. The answer may or may not apply to the facts of your case. Please consult an attorney before making any decisions or in any way relying on this information.

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law