Ineligible for rehire

Chicago, IL |

I worked for a bank 13 years ago who terminated me because I reversed an overdraft fee for an employee account when I had the authority to do so as a Assistant Branch manager. Before i was terminated we were told that our branch will be closing down and will be consolidated with another location. My Manager at that time terminated me and put my reason as misconduct and ineligible for rehire. I am working for a bank that bought my old company and I applied for a permanent position, but my records are showing inelogble for rehire and I didn't even know this was out there. This bank had offered me a position but because of this reason they rescing the offer verbally to me and said they will let me go because II'm in eligible for rehire. I asked for the documentation and they said they dont; h

HR doesn't have any documentation to support my reason code. Also, i made a mistake by completing my online application form urgently and I put down the old bank name as NO, i didn't work for those companies, not knowing that company was listed with other banks they bought out.

1. I imagine that HR does not have records from 13 years ago. Sitting on this situation as you've done makes resolving things to vindicate your position a virtual impossibility.

Record retention plans are usually for a period of three, and in some cases up to, seven years. Trying to unearth documents to challenge the "overdraft fee" dispute should have been done by you back then.

Some things the law cannot accomplish.