Indicted on murder, out on bond in Georgia???

Charleston, SC |

my son was murdered by his wife in Dec., she has been indicted for Malice Murder, and 5 other felony charges. She was denied bond, her lawyer requested a new judge, and he granted her $100,000 bond, she was released yesterday, and living with a correctional officer now. I am outraged that she is out of jail, and am very concerned about what kind of justice we will get for my son in Georgia

Arrested in GA or SC? Contact the victim's advocate at your county's solicitor's office.

The information in this website is provided as a general legal reference . The reader is advised to check for changes to current law and to consult with a qualified attorney on any legal issue. The use of this material does not create an attorney-client relationship with the Lovely Law Firm or any of its attorneys. When transmitting information over this website, you understand and agree that Lovely Law Firm will have no duty to keep confidential the information. Because the information posted on this website is prepared for a general audience, without investigation into the facts of each particular case, it is not legal advice: neither Lovely Law Firm or any of its attorneys has an attorney-client relationship with you. The thoughts and commentary about the law contained on this site is provided as a service to the community, and does not constitute solicitation or provision of legal advice. While we endeavor to provide accurate information at this website, we cannot guarantee that the information provided here (or linked to from this site) is accurate, complete, or adequate. We provide this general legal information on an ‘as-is’ basis. We make no warranties and disclaim liability for damages resulting from its use. Legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing, so nothing provided at this site, should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent counsel. Finally, using this website or sending email to the host does not create an attorney-client relationship. The material in this website may be considered advertising under applicable rules. If you need to speak to an attorney about your specific legal issue please call the Lovely Law Firm at 843-839-4111

Make sure you keep in close contact with the prosecutor and the victim advocate.

My condolences for your loss. In many states there is a presumption in favor of granting bail except for capital cases. Usually there are two issues the court must address as to whether to grant bail 1) is the person a flight risk, in other words if they are let out of jail will they appear for court when its time, and 2) is the person a danger to the public---now some judges would say if there is probable cause for murder, the act of murder is enough evidence to demonstrate she is a danger to the community, others would recognize this murder as situational and an act of family violence, and therefore would be unlikely to result in further violence to anyone else in the community and therefore bail would be appropriate, so long as she is not a flight risk. The court might require she be suprevised while on release by a responsible third party custodian and undoubtedly would impose other conditions she must abide by while on release. Lastly, if you are concerned about how well the prosecution is doing its job there should be a victims advocate office and/or state ombudsman office that you should maintain regular contact with, the prosecutor's office itself usually has a victim's liasion person as well.

I spoke to the DA yesterday, she claims in Georgia if you're not indicted in 90 days, you are eligible for bond. She was indicted on the 94th day. She is charged with malice Murder, 2 counts -invol. manslaughter, 2 counts- vol. manslaughter, tampering with evidence, providing false statements, possession of 6 firearms. They have an ankle monitor on her.