Indiana/Can I get emergency custody of my 2 grandchildren if both parents are facing criminal charges?

Bloomfield, IN |

Their father has pending charges from DUI wrecked and didnt have insurance, plus he has a pending case of battery. My daughter was arrested 2 days ago for battery with injury and strangulation. Her grandparents bailed her out and today she took off with the babies father knowing that he doesnt have a valid drivers licence.

Who has the children now?
Contact Social Services and a local family - child custody lawyer.

I changed the category of this to Child Custody so more lawyers who do that work will see your question.

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. I am a Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin http://addbalance.com Talking to the Police - Advice from Lawyers and Police: http://addbalance.com/police.htm

Paul Stanko

Paul Stanko

I agree. This is not really a criminal law question.