Indiana/Can I get emergency custody of my 2 grandchildren if both parents are facing criminal charges?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Bloomfield, IN

Their father has pending charges from DUI wrecked and didnt have insurance, plus he has a pending case of battery. My daughter was arrested 2 days ago for battery with injury and strangulation. Her grandparents bailed her out and today she took off with the babies father knowing that he doesnt have a valid drivers licence.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Who has the children now?
    Contact Social Services and a local family - child custody lawyer.

    I changed the category of this to Child Custody so more lawyers who do that work will see your question.

    Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. I am a Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in... more

Related Topics

DUI: An overview

The definition, charges, and penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) vary by state and depend on a number of factors.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,960 answers this week

3,092 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,960 answers this week

3,092 attorneys answering