Indiana 2nd dui Michigan resident

New Buffalo, MI |

I was convicted of 2nd DUI in Indiana I'm a Michigan resident. I have fulfilled all Indiana court orders. Michigan has revoked my license. I need to move to Indiana , will Indiana grant me a license?

I was arrested in September 2011. went to court in Indiana January 2012, did 5 days in jail, had interlock on car for 6 mos., 1 year probation , paid Michigan drivers responsibility two thousand dollars for two years. Now Michigan has revoked my license. Want me to attend AA meetings, have a 10 panel drug test, have letters written to prove I'm a good citizen. How can I do this with no license?

1. It is likely that Indiana will not issue you a license until your Michigan driving privileges are restored. Double-check with your Indiana lawyer or check with the Indiana DMV.

The comments listed here do not create an attorney-client relationship. The comments are for informational purposes only and are not to be considered legal advice. This attorney is only licensed in Michigan and does not give legal advice in any other state. All comments are to be considered conversational information and you should not rely on these comments as legal advice or in place of retaining an attorney of our own. The comments here are based solely on what you have provided and therefore are general in nature and with more specific facts or details a different answer or outcome could result. The legal system is not a perfect science and this attorney does not guarantee any outcome.

2. You may want to repost your question showing an Indiana location to bring your problem to the attention of Indiana lawyers. They are more likely to know how the Indiana DMV will act.

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. Click on the "More..." link for IMPORTANT INFORMATION about this AVVO Answer. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I am an experienced Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes.

3. I agree with both other attorneys. Because your license revocation occurred from Michigan, you will need to clear that up through the Michigan SOS (DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO THIS WITHOUT AN ATTORNEY. WHILE IT APPEARS LOGISTICALLY EASY, IT IS VERY RARE FOR SOMEONE WITHOUT AN ATTORNEY TO WIN THESE HEARINGS AND YOU ONLY GET ONE SHOT PER YEAR. PLUS, IF THE FIRAT HEARING IS DONE INCORRECTLY, , IT ENDS UP BEING MUCH MORE DIFFICULT AND EXPENSIVE IN THE LONG RUN) It is then likely that Indiana will grant you a license, but you should double check with an attorney familiar with the Indiana licensing laws.