Independent Contractor treated as an employee threatened and breech of contract

I have worked for this company for 3 years. I was initially under a contract through an workforce type agency as an employee who paid me. The company, as specified in the contract, were meant to keep me on as a FT employee for 12 months. After my 3 month agency contract expired they made me an IC and cut my pay by $5 an hour. I have been working at their offices this whole 3 years and prefer to work from home since I work under my business name. I have been told absolutely NOT!!!! Quote "First of all, you DO NOT make the decision to work from HOME without my approval!!!! SEE YOU IN THE MORNING. I’m sure that everyone would like to work from home, but that’s not going to happen anytime soon, therefore, we will keep our original agreement…4 days a week, 9 to 4:30 with Mondays working from home!

Pompano Beach, FL -

Tamara Mychelle Clay

Tamara Mychelle Clay

Contracts / Agreements Lawyer - Windermere, FL

You may want to comment with some additional information. But it sounds like you would like to change your arrangement and work more hours from home. And because you are an independent contractor you feel that you and you alone can make this decision. Is that correct? As an independent contractor you do have more control over where, how and when you work. But from these facts it appears that you had an agreement that you honored for 3 years and now you are seeking to change this agreement. If working from home is non-negotiable you can always stop working with this company and find other clients. I wish you well.

Sponsored Listing
Robert John Murillo

Robert John Murillo

Business Attorney - Boulder, CO

Do you have a question?

Peter J Weinman

Peter J Weinman

Contracts / Agreements Lawyer - Staten Island, NY

Where is the alleged breach? It sounds like the circumstances changed after 3 months but you agreed.