Skip to main content

Independence County ar parole wanting new building to be built because theres got set on fire and one person caused all of this

Batesville, AR |

Yes my fiance is in jail here in Independence County and i know he done wrong but he is in there for a dirty drug test is what they say but they will not show him the results that came in from lab and he has requested them several times..And they said he was going back to prison for 6 months over that he has been in jail since August 8,2013..The jailers cuss all the inmates and on August 22,2013 one of the guards spit in his face..They do not get the right calorie intake and it cost them 20.00 for a pillow to lay there heads on and he has a back issue and sleeps on one mat that is not even as thick as a baby bed mattress..i could see sending him to rehab for the drug problem if thats the case but to prison when there is violent,rapist,and murderers and child molestors out there that need t

to be in there why over crowd the prisons with drug users and non violent offenders and why is it only the countys judge kemp is in they have weekly drug testing...when no other counties around here beside the ones he runs does that...And the word is in this town they are violating all of them because they need a new building and that is the way they are going to pay for it because they get so much money for each one they send back to prison and there is like 25 or more just here in independence county waiting to go to prison..what is wrong here..what about the 570 act...

Attorney Answers 2


This seems like more of a political question or one for legislators. The attorneys on this site would mostly agree with you.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

Mark as helpful


I also agree, you will get better advice by asking a question rather than making statements about all the ills of the Independence County Correctional Facilities. If you want a lawyer to crusade on your fiance's behalf, start with his lawyer or public defender, the ACLU, or Southern Poverty Law Center.

Every legal matter is fact specific, and there are often nuances in every case. This is intended for comment only, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics