Incorrect spelling of name on legal document submitted in a court of law

Asked almost 5 years ago - Las Vegas, NV

If a name is spelled incorrectly on a "Supplemental Order regarding request to intervene and for order unsealing court records related to search warrants", does this make the document legal? For instance if there are two persons related to the case with very similar names such as Mary- Ashley and Ashley-Ann Mary, If the Documents had Mary Ashley-Ann, would that make the document legal since none of them have that name and it could be anyone's guess who the documents referred too?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Andrew Daniel Myers

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Your best case scenario is that the prosecotor will have to re draft the documents and get new Orders, which will just take however long his administrative staff takes and the court takes to hear the matter again. Then, you're back to the substantive issues.

    This answer is provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided in an office consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, with experience in the area of law in which your concern lies.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,375 answers this week

3,110 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,375 answers this week

3,110 attorneys answering