Incorrect photo speeding service in Denver, CO. What can I do?

Denver, CO |

I am being targeted by the photo ticket company, and I was incorrectly served twice. About 2 weeks ago I was served and the picture is clearly me. The process server forgot to add his service fee, so it is a $40 ticket. I went online to pay it and the fine was about $70 (it must include the $30 service fee). Do I have to pay the higher amount since he didn't add a service charge to the ticket? The next week my brother in-law was at my home feeding my dogs for me (he does NOT live there, but looks similar to me) and he told the same process server that I wasn't home and he didn't live there and the server put the (separate) ticket in my mailbox and said "Refusal of service". I was at work that whole day and can prove it. Am I obligated to pay either ticket? Do I have to pay the higher fee?

1. Rhidian Orr on this Avvo website is the expert on all matters traffic-related. So, you might want to contact him individually. My take is that you are responsible for the $40 ticket and the $30 service fee. That is a fee that is added by the Court system and has nothing to do with the fine or the officer issuing the ticket. It does not sound like there was proper service on the second ticket.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.