Incomplete/ Wrongly filled out Mass Uniform citation

Asked over 1 year ago - Boston, MA

I recently got a ticket which has some issues - Wrong License # (typo with an additional digit), Offense date missing, Race filled out wrong, I was not asked to sign, etc. Is it worth fighting this ticket (not much). With my busy schedule I am not sure I will have time unless I know I can win this. Ofcourse estimated/clocked speed.
Thanks

1. Emma A. Kremer

3

Answered . You have 20 days from the date the ticket is issued to appeal so if you are going to appeal, do so quickly and ensure you check off the appeal box to appeal the ticket. If you are appealing, do not pay any amount of the fine. If, as you stated, there was incorrect and missing information on the ticket, those inconsistencies may be defenses to the ticket. You should have a hearing and if the first is unsuccessful, you should have another hearing as an option available to you in front of a judge at minimal cost. To avoid bad marks on your driving record and for insurance purposes, you may want to consult a traffic ticket attorney. Best of luck.

2. Kelly A. Broadbent

1

Answered . It is worth contesting any ticket because of the possible repercussions on your insurance costs and license.
    These may be considered valid defenses, since so much of the information on the ticket is incorrect.
    I would be happy to consult with you on this ticket as to the likelihood of success at an appeal.

Please contact my office directly.

Broadbent & Taylor
    160 Doyle Road
    Holden, MA 01520
    (508)438-1198

3. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

2

Answered . Kelly A. Broadbent is Massachusetts premiere traffic court lawyer. I send all of my NY clients to her when the have traffic issues in MA and they are always happy with her results. Absolutely give her a call!