Incompetent defense lawyer telling you to plead guilty and take plea deal when innocent.

Sacramento, CA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

Goverinment continues to pressure the def. to plead through the def counsel and def refuses. Def. counsel make it apparent he/she is displeased since def. did not wish to take plea. The def was found not guilty. Does it matter the fact def. felt the def. counsel inappropriately pressured him/her throughout, since the case is over and def. found not guilty? Def. thinks the case was bogus from the beginning for the government to cover up for much more serious felony, where the alleged def. has been victimized.

Defense lawyers and their alleged "investigators" are all women, the judges were Hispanic and Eastern Indian women, the prosecutors were caucasian women, the State AG is a black woman. That figures. The victim of the private health care providers and the conspiracies of the government/ the accused person/victim is also a minority woman. Go figure.

1. Def found not guilty. Def should be happy and move on with Def's life.

My comments are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, emails, or other communications through Avvo should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. The information on this website is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Lawyers are licensed to practice on a state by state basis; do not act on information contained on this website without first speaking to an attorney licensed to practice in your state.

2. You were acquitted so justice was served. Any pressure placed on you to plea did not harm your case so you have nothing to complain about.

3. Perhaps you can complain, but your compaint is not a "legal" related complaint.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advise" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

4. Why are you complaining? You were acquitted.

My response to your question is a generic response and should not be construed as controlling to your case. I can not effectively advise about your case without knowing all the facts. Additionally, my response does not create an attorney-client relationship. You can contact my office to schedule an appointment if you would like to have me represent you.