Skip to main content

Income tax

Texas |
Filed under: Tax law

Who do you turn somone in to ,that has filed tax returns on kids that don't belong to him & has spent the money?

Attorney Answers 2


I would say the IRS. I believe they have a hotline for tax fraud.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Definitely the IRS, but don't expect them to take any immediate action. Furthermore, it is possbile that the tax deduction is valid if the kids are children of the person and the person got divorced and allocated the tax deduction between the former spouse as part of support obligations.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Tax law topics

Recommended articles about Tax law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics