Inappropriate behavior from a doctor. Called my husband's job and divulged my business. Can anything be done legally?

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

The dr. unbuttones & unzipped my pants with no one else present in the room. Would not give me test results without paying for them. Went back and paid but he refused to see me because the staff told him I was bad mouthing him. I wanted my money or results. He refused and called the police. No report was filed and I got my money back. He then called my husbands job and told them he used his job as a police officer to intimidate him. He refused to send my results to a new doctor for almost a month.

1. Carmine John Giardino

4

Answered . File a complaint with the Texas Medical Board. You can download a form from their website.

2. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

3

Answered . A brief consultation with an attorney who handles lawsuits against doctors might be a good idea.

If that lawyer also handles criminal defense work, so much the better.

You need advice based on all the details and a full description of what happened and the context. Unfortunately, that is not possible on avvo.

Complaints against physicians can also be made to the Texas Board of Medical Examiners.

3. Sandra G. Dawson

4

Answered . Patient privacy is protected under HIPAA, which is a very complex area of law. I suggest that you consult with an attorney in your area to see what, if any, remedies are available for the disclosure.