Inappropriate behavior from a doctor. Called my husband's job and divulged my business. Can anything be done legally?

Houston, TX |

The dr. unbuttones & unzipped my pants with no one else present in the room. Would not give me test results without paying for them. Went back and paid but he refused to see me because the staff told him I was bad mouthing him. I wanted my money or results. He refused and called the police. No report was filed and I got my money back. He then called my husbands job and told them he used his job as a police officer to intimidate him. He refused to send my results to a new doctor for almost a month.

A brief consultation with an attorney who handles lawsuits against doctors might be a good idea.

If that lawyer also handles criminal defense work, so much the better.

You need advice based on all the details and a full description of what happened and the context. Unfortunately, that is not possible on avvo.

Complaints against physicians can also be made to the Texas Board of Medical Examiners.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.

Patient privacy is protected under HIPAA, which is a very complex area of law. I suggest that you consult with an attorney in your area to see what, if any, remedies are available for the disclosure.

File a complaint with the Texas Medical Board. You can download a form from their website.

If this answer was helpful to you or if it was the best answer, please click the buttons that state helpful and best answer. Please understand that all of my answers are for informational purposes only, are not legal advise, and do not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me. I am not your attorney and you are not my client unless we enter into a signed contract. My only legal advise to you is that you should immediately consult with and hire a lawyer and that you should not represent yourself. If you want to more information about personal injury, visit http://www.sainjurylawyer.com or if you want more information about criminal defense, visit http://www.giardinolawfirm.com. Good luck!