In workerscomp case what does D.O.R mean?

Asked over 2 years ago - Westminster, CA

I was in a deposition on Monday April 2nd and I heard the defendant attorney tell my attorney rep that it was not very nice of Mark (my original attorney) to file a D.O.R on the day they were supposed to have the deposition on March 12. What is a D.O.R? and what does it mean in a workers comp case?

1. Kenneth Michael Sheppard

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . A D.O.R. is a Declaration of Readiness to Proceed. This is the document that is filed with the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board to request a hearing date. Generally, this isn't filed until each side has conducted all of their "discovery," which is the gathering of evidence. It sounds like the defense attorney was peeved that your original attorney essentially requested a hearing date before your deposition had been completed.

2. Brett A. Borah

Answered . I agree with Mr. Sheppard. What he did is not unethical or improper...just a little unusual.

But shouldn't you be asking this of your attorney? That's why you're paying him!