In what way may I obtain dual citizenship of US and the EU (preferably Italian)?

Asked 7 months ago - Miami, FL

I was born in Cuba. I came to the US when I was 9 yrs old and have applied for and became a US citizen. I am a pilot. My family are all of Cuban nationality who now live in Italy and applied for and became Italian citizens. I want Italian citizenship because I want to work preferably for Alitalia and be near my family. I also visit Italy very frequently to visit my family.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

8

Answered . If your question is whether you would lose a US citizenship, no. See below

2. Nicolas Andres Olano

Pro

3

Answered . AILA has a Rome chapter. Find out if any members are in the area where you live.

3. Ksenia Alexandrovna Maiorova

3

Answered . You will need to speak with an Italian lawyer to determine whether you are eligible for Italian citizenship.

Answers provided by Ksenia Maiorova, Esq. on Avvo.com are of a general nature and do not constitute legal advice.
  4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

Answered . Very very difficult process. I suggest starting with a lengthy list of necessary documents obtained from the Italian Consular Section or Embassy.