In what way may I obtain dual citizenship of US and the EU (preferably Italian)?

Miami, FL |

I was born in Cuba. I came to the US when I was 9 yrs old and have applied for and became a US citizen. I am a pilot. My family are all of Cuban nationality who now live in Italy and applied for and became Italian citizens. I want Italian citizenship because I want to work preferably for Alitalia and be near my family. I also visit Italy very frequently to visit my family.

1. If your question is whether you would lose a US citizenship, no. See below

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

2. AILA has a Rome chapter. Find out if any members are in the area where you live.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. You should not rely solely on the information provided in this page as every case is different and laws are in a constant state of change.

3. You will need to speak with an Italian lawyer to determine whether you are eligible for Italian citizenship.

Answers provided by Ksenia Maiorova, Esq. on Avvo.com are of a general nature and do not constitute legal advice.

4. Very very difficult process. I suggest starting with a lengthy list of necessary documents obtained from the Italian Consular Section or Embassy.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois