In what order do I file an order to show cause of non payment after a child support enforcement hearing in July 2012?

Mesa, AZ |

I was told to file an Order to Show cause, however I don't know the following
-Do I need to file another petition to enforce before the order to show cause
-Does it need to be on a blank pleading motion form (since I can't find one on the Superior Court website)
-What do I put under the title of the form and do I ask for the party to be held in contempt
Thanks In Advance.

1. I need more information to answer this question. I need to know what you are trying to accomplish by fling the action. I would consult with an attorney in your area and bring your last orders from the court with you.

2. It sounds like you would be starting a new matter with a new Petition to Enforce. This would be to enforce the current order, not make any changes, and you should have a pay history.

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS INTENDED AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY. IT IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE, NOR IS IT INTENDED TO BE RELIED UPON AS SUCH, AND IS NOT INTENDED TO ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. IF YOU HAVE A LEGAL QUESTION, CONSULT WITH AN EXPERIENCED ATTORNEY.

3. You most likely need to file another Petition to Enforce. Make sure that you remind the Judge that you had an enforcement hearing in July 2012, so the judge can sanction the other party appropriately. You could name the pleading "Petition for Contempt and to Enforce Child Support Order".

My recommendation would be that you obtain a free consultation from a family law attorney to review your case before taking action.

Good luck!

Judd S. Nemiro
    Law Offices of Judd S. Nemiro, PLLC
    602-343-1841

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "HELPFUL" or "THE BEST ANSWER," PLEASE MARK IT SO AS AVVO AWARDS THE ATTORNEY POINTS. All attorneys providing answers on this site are donating their time and not financially compensated.

Information provided on this site does not constitute legal advice. Answers posted here are based on a very limited amount of information and are given without a conventional consultation. Information posted here should be valued accordingly. We offer free initial consultations that require completion of a questionnaire detailing your situation and a personal one-on-one attorney interview to provide qualified legal advice. The answers posted here might be completely different with more information.

Child support topics