In WC, How long after the judge receives the closing briefs does he/she takes to make a final decision for total disability?

Allentown, PA |
Filed under: Employee benefits

This is a case was denied by the insurance carrier since the beginning august 2012 with a first hearing in December 2012, Allentown, PA judge received briefs and closed the case at the beginning of October last year and still waiting for an answer. Had to move my whole family to a bedroom due economic hardship after my injury. Is this really our work comp. system?

1. The time period varies to receive an opinion, I usually see an opinion in 3-6 months. However, responses have been slowed down, in particular in the Allentown area where I practice, my the institution of the new WCAIS system, a new management program being implemented by labor and industry. You can always call and ask the staff when they anticipate an opinion.