In Washington State what is the best way to show proper accounting on a judgement with interest from a divorce decree?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Lynnwood, WA

In our divorce decree I was awarded two money judgements ($50k @ 6% w/ $1,000 monthly payments & $55k from a 401k to my 401k), jewelry to be return upon our decree or to become the apprised ($25,000) price w/ 6% interest, and a personal item worth $600. None of this has ever been paid directly from her. I had POA and rented out one of her houses and collected the monthly rent and used it to offset my judgement. During the time having the POA I performed work to maintain the rental house, tried to market the house for sale, and managed another property that is now being surrendered to the bank. I have always kept great records, but now these will need to be shown to a judge. Is there anywhere that I can find an form or the best way to show this?

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

4

8

Answered . Attorney Alexander gave you and outstanding answer, please folllow his good counsel

2. Shawn B Alexander

Pro

4

Answered . In collection a "partial satisfaction" with a "judgment summary" would be one way to account for funds collected and outstanding.
    Good Luck

3. Bruce Clement

Pro

1

Answered . The best way to resolve this is to file a motion for a court order or declaratory judgment answering all of these issues. If your ex is cooperative, you should propose an agreed order doing that - if she and you sign, you can have the order entered in the Ex Parte department of the court. See my AVVO Legal Guides for a possible explanation of the legal issues raised by your question. To find my Legal Guides, go to my AVVO home page by clicking on my photo; scroll down to "Contributions" and then click "Legal Guides." You will get a list of the 29 Legal Guides I have published on AVVO. Scroll down this list and select the topics that are relevant to your question.