Skip to main content

In Washington State what is the best way to show proper accounting on a judgement with interest from a divorce decree?

Lynnwood, WA |

In our divorce decree I was awarded two money judgements ($50k @ 6% w/ $1,000 monthly payments & $55k from a 401k to my 401k), jewelry to be return upon our decree or to become the apprised ($25,000) price w/ 6% interest, and a personal item worth $600. None of this has ever been paid directly from her. I had POA and rented out one of her houses and collected the monthly rent and used it to offset my judgement. During the time having the POA I performed work to maintain the rental house, tried to market the house for sale, and managed another property that is now being surrendered to the bank. I have always kept great records, but now these will need to be shown to a judge. Is there anywhere that I can find an form or the best way to show this?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


In collection a "partial satisfaction" with a "judgment summary" would be one way to account for funds collected and outstanding.
Good Luck

Only If and until you and I sign an Agreement for Legal Services, I am not your attorney. These answers are provided for informational and/or novelty purposes

Howard M Lewis

Howard M Lewis


great counsel

Howard M Lewis

Howard M Lewis


well- i agree with you ageeeing with me that i agree with you- have a nice weekend Shawn- Hoping our Patriots win the game tomorrow, it is going to be cold here but i am heading over.


Attorney Alexander gave you and outstanding answer, please folllow his good counsel

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.


The best way to resolve this is to file a motion for a court order or declaratory judgment answering all of these issues. If your ex is cooperative, you should propose an agreed order doing that - if she and you sign, you can have the order entered in the Ex Parte department of the court. See my AVVO Legal Guides for a possible explanation of the legal issues raised by your question. To find my Legal Guides, go to my AVVO home page by clicking on my photo; scroll down to "Contributions" and then click "Legal Guides." You will get a list of the 29 Legal Guides I have published on AVVO. Scroll down this list and select the topics that are relevant to your question.

This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the attorney responding, and no attorney-client confidentiality. The law changes frequently, and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information provided in this Answer is general in nature and may not apply to the factual circumstances described in your question. The applicable law and the appropriate answer may be different in the State or States where the relevant facts occurred. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes



No my ex is not cooperative at all. Would you file this motion for declaratory judgement in the State Court that heard our divorce or could it be filed at any Court in the same State?

Get Avvo’s 10-part divorce email series

A weekly guide with tips and legal advice for each stage of the process.

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer